Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Lovin Facebook for hunters kiwijames's Avatar

Could anyone with Quick Load do me a favor please?

Hey, just wanting to see how the numbers look for powder selection in a 243AI.
    I was planning to shoot either the 105VLD or A-Max and the 95g Nosler Partition.
    I have an OAL of
    2.8030" with the VLD
    2.7575 with the A-Max and
    2.6505" with the partition
    The fireformed case will hold 55.7g H20. The barrel is 25" and the case OAL listed is all just touching.
    I have on hand AR2225, AR2217, N165, N560, RL22, RL17. I had hoped to run as slow a powder as possible but it looks like the ADI powders are too bulky to get enough in the case and the double base powders for all the upsides (speed) are on the wrong side of the ledger for barrel life and long term accuracy. That leaves the N165 and RL22. Was hoping it would work or do I need to go to N160 or even ADI2213SC?
    Batch variance and temperature sensitivity appears to crop up regularly when searching for RL22 loads?
    Many thanks in advance
    James

R93
    Get hold of Adam, Abe and smiddy James, they all run one. Had a shot with smiddy's yesty and it was an accurate wee shooter for a poo 4 3. Killed paper good enough I spose
    I think they run 560 for some mean speeds.
    Do what ya want! Ya will anyway.

Lovin Facebook for hunters kiwijames's Avatar

Could anyone with Quick Load do me a favor please?

I've seen the results of running N560 in a 243AI and not too keen to go there and RL17 looks like it is pretty hot in the overbore cartridges too. Pretty sure the 105 will be OK with 165 just wondering about the 95g Partition.
    The range of what we think and do is limited by what we fail to notice. And because we fail to notice that we fail to notice, there is little we can do to change; until we notice how failing to notice shapes our thoughts and deeds

AB Precision

Re: Could anyone with Quick Load do me a favor please?

I'll look up my data tonight James for n165 it seams to be the biso for easy on tube an good speeds.

sent from my Samsung s3 using tapatalk 2