Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Cigar
  • 1 Post By Micky Duck

Thread: Do I have to crimp these?

Do I have to crimp these?

Quick googling has mixed results. Barnes TSX 53GR.

Help please

Bolt, sorry.

Gone but not forgotten
    Nope, no need to crimp for a bolt action.
    I always crimp for my lever action with a tube mag as I have had projectiles move further into the case from recoil or mag spring pressure.
    Klhari likes this.

Thanks sounds good

they should be a great deer load...the 50grn ttsx are awesome. no need to crimp...drive them as fast as you can,speed is your friend with monos,it spins them faster which helps them open up properly.

Quote Originally Posted by Micky Duck View Post
    they should be a great deer load...the 50grn ttsx are awesome. no need to crimp...drive them as fast as you can,speed is your friend with monos,it spins them faster which helps them open up properly.
    Hey @Micky Duck, sounds like you've had a bit of experience with the TTSX?

I've just worked up a load for my bushpig, which is grouping really well. Trouble is, it was grouping quite well with the hornady interlock too (heavier and slower, but that's fine). I'm unsure whether I want to make the change for a mere "really well" to "quite well" difference.

So, I'm looking for people who have used the TTSX to convince me either way.

Any thoughts appreciated.

Cheers,
    Elliott

Name:  91580488_2940030616031952_4814485934533771264_n.jpg
Views: 114
Size:  16.6 KB

ok...my take on them...... they really make the .224 calibre into a giant killer.Ive shot half a dozen deer with the .223 using them...bangflop chest shots at sub 50 yards. shot a 140ish lb boar at a little over a hundy yards,in the crease (behind elbow) did the works on chest cavity and broke offside shoulder,coming to rest under skin...he wasnt dead but was VERY sick when I got up close to him.
    I have some 110grn tsx for the mighty poohseventy...Ive fired eggzachary 1 of them in anger and it killed red stag at 200ish yards no fuss no bother and not much mess,my bro in law used same load in same rifle to shoot 2 chammy with same round.
    you get a lot less blooded meat and dont get fragments of projectile in meat....neither of those two bother me.
    advantages in bigger calibres is the reduction in projectile weight =less recoil and great penertration
    other than that they do nothing a cup n core cant do better.
    Edunn likes this.