Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Micky Duck
  • 1 Post By Jhon

Thread: Do you reload 12 bore using the MEC 600 Junior press?

Do you reload 12 bore using the MEC 600 Junior press?

If so, a few further questions should you be so kind to consider. Do you, or have you, used it to reload 2 1/2 inch as well as 2 3/4 and 3 inch hulls?

If so, then you will know that the 600 has this ability to load more than one 12 bore hull length and it is achieved without the need to insert a 1/4 inch riser plate, as required with some other MEC press's because the 600's base plate support collar for the metal column as well as the metal column, each have two holes, one positioned above the other and the insertion of a column bolt into various permutations of the column and base plate hole 's achieve this.

Name:  hull length adjust for the MEC600 1.JPG
Views: 136
Size:  19.1 KB

I have a couple of second hand 600's but the resource material available to me make no mention of the alignment of the column and base plate collar holes apart from "raising it a quarter of an inch for 3 inch hulls". As both my second hand units arrived with no indication as to what their settings of the holes were, I have no point to start from to adjust their height.
    I "suspect" that they were both at 2 3/4 inch settings 's but have enough problems with column height without charging blindly on and crushing "lotsa" hulls.

SO, the knowledge I seek, Please with a side salad of thank you's, is what are the column and base plate collar holes alignment settings you use for your different hull lengths.

you could reverse engineer it bud....put a LOADED shell in last station..eg the one than pushes crimp in flat...and see whats what....try with 3" and then 2 3/4" one will be right,the other wont be....job done.
    Kiwi Sapper likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Micky Duck View Post
    you could reverse engineer it bud....put a LOADED shell in last station..eg the one than pushes crimp in flat...and see whats what....try with 3" and then 2 3/4" one will be right,the other wont be....job done.
    "Good thinking Moriarty".............I'll try that tomorrow. However, that will not give me the hole alignment for feeding, "you know who."

Contact the NZ MEC Agent and guru on all things MEC
    [Name] Brian Thomson
    [Mobile] 0275378844
    [Email] brian.thomson25@xtra.co.nz
    [Notes] Bdt410 on Trademe

Franklin Shotgun Supplies
    40mm likes this.