Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By dogmatix
  • 2 Post By zimmer

Thread: Has anyone got brass from Sinclair.

Has anyone got brass from Sinclair.

Hi Guys has anyone tried to bring Brass or projectiles for that matter via NZ post in the states? Trying to work around the $100.00 dollar export thing. For that matter has anyone got brass directly from Sinclair.

What size are you chasing
    Nil durum volenti !!

6.5 x 47 Lapua
    7 WSM Winchester
    7 SAUM Anything but 200 of

Forget about the US $100 mark and not needing USA export permits, you will need them for ammo components anyway, assuming Brownells/Sinclairs will export.
    steven likes this.
    Welcome to Sako club.

Caretaker - Gone But Not Forgotten jakewire's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bugger That View Post
    6.5 x 47 Lapua
    7 WSM Winchester
    7 SAUM Anything but 200 of
    you can get your 6.5x47 here,
    Workshop Innovation - Gunsmithing & Reloading Tools: Reloading Stuff +, Brass
    They also carry 300suam and 300wsm and 270 wsm.
    if the head stamp doesn't bother you , could you neck the brass up or down to suit. @45SOUTH may also be able to help with the correct head stamped wsm/suam brass, worth a email anyway

There is 7mm wsm brass here,
    Winchester Cartridge Cases - Hunting and Outdoor Supplies

There is 7mmsaum cases here.
    Remington Brass Cases
    And here
    http://www.magnumimports.co.nz/cubec...ory&cat_id=174
    Last edited by jakewire; 09-05-2015 at 02:02 AM.
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Pretty sure the $250 add on from the State Department will apply.
    "I do not wish to be a pawn or canon fodder on the whims of MY Government"

Thanks Jakewire
    I have phoned all of them with no dice on the SAUM. I sold my mate a REM 700 with Leopold MK4 8.5-25 he rebarrled it to 7mm SAUM. We put it on paper for the first time last night and it shoots good too. We have 70 cases but they are pretty stretched in the pocket. Mate wants 200 cases. Where we are going tomorrow he will burn 70 plus easy. Good news is we have more guns.

Done a bit more poking around on the net last night and as Dog states we are screwed getting anything out of the states or aussi for the matter. Steve had nothing come in with the order just landed next order 12 weeks.

I’ll loan him my 284 I think till he gets Brass I have 400 lapua for that maybe more, that should keep him going. He can save his SAUM for the long shots.

Quote Originally Posted by Bugger That View Post
    Thanks Jakewire
    I have phoned all of them with no dice on the SAUM. I sold my mate a REM 700 with Leopold MK4 8.5-25 he rebarrled it to 7mm SAUM. We put it on paper for the first time last night and it shoots good too. We have 70 cases but they are pretty stretched in the pocket. Mate wants 200 cases. Where we are going tomorrow he will burn 70 plus easy. Good news is we have more guns.

Done a bit more poking around on the net last night and as Dog states we are screwed getting anything out of the states or aussi for the matter. Steve had nothing come in with the order just landed next order 12 weeks.

I’ll loan him my 284 I think till he gets Brass I have 400 lapua for that maybe more, that should keep him going. He can save his SAUM for the long shots.
    Email Mike Gregg at Reloading International - he may be able to assist. He does all the permit legwork for you - you pay for the service obviously.
    I purchase all my projectiles from him and at one stage was going to get 500 284Win brass off him but never went ahead with that order and used Belmont sourced Lapua 6.5/284.
    Unfortunately our exchange rate is crap right now and brass, if available onshore is best bought locally. Also shipping ex USA went up hugely about a year ago.
    My last order (8 months ago) of 180 Hybrids at my door worked out at around NZ76/100 compared to NZ99 to NZ113 locally.

ReloadingInternational.com
    Last edited by zimmer; 09-05-2015 at 12:21 PM.
    dogmatix and 300CALMAN like this.