Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By mopheadrob
  • 1 Post By Kelton

Thread: Hornady 7mm wsm brass

Hornady 7mm wsm brass

Anybody had any experience using the hornady 7mm wsm brass?

Mixed reviews on Bertram, mostly not positive. Seems i dont have much in the way of options

Such a lack of backing from brass makers. I dont really want to go through the small reforming process of necking down 300wsm to 7mm wsm.

Quote Originally Posted by keengunNic View Post
    Such a lack of backing from brass makers. I dont really want to go through the small reforming process of necking down 300wsm to 7mm wsm.
    I'll say. And what options are out there are pretty spendy. I decided it was better to shoot a few boxes of Federal Powershok and then start reloading with the once-fired cases. Only problem is, at the rate I'm shooting them it's gonna be a couple of years before I'm ready
    keengunNic and Micky Duck like this.

What about Winchester? I turned my nose up the first time with 300 wsm brass because all the necks were banged up out of the bag . Iv since got 100 .308 ran it threw the sizer and it's actually being bloody good
    keengunNic likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelton View Post
    What about Winchester? I turned my nose up the first time with 300 wsm brass because all the necks were banged up out of the bag . Iv since got 100 .308 ran it threw the sizer and it's actually being bloody good

Ended up going for the hornady stuff, if it holds up well thats good, if not, reduced loads till i can form some from norma 300wsm