Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Hornady projectiles

Hornady projectiles

Hi all, anyone have any ideas on when we will see some more of these in the country? Looking for some 147eldm in 6.5
    Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Going on the Wholesalers statement, October shipment not happening, sometime next year. Wholesalers statement in the Shooting section. Odd packet on T/M if you wish to reach deep into your pockets.
    Last edited by tetawa; 17-10-2021 at 07:45 AM.

[QUOTE=tetawa;1235943]Going on the Wholesalers statement, October shipment not happening, sometime next year, look under shooting. Odd packet on T/M if you have a good bank balance./QUOTE]
    Micky Duck likes this.

Bugger! TM price is double and then some. Should have chosen a different calibre

tetawa and Marty Henry like this.

Quote Originally Posted by alitowers View Post
    Bugger! TM price is double and then some. Should have chosen a different calibre

yes you should have sadly..............................or use it as an excuse to buy another one!!

May be single if I buy another gun
    Any reason these can’t be shipped from overseas if a mate buys them and posts them

Probably cheaper to buy another gun given the stupid prices on TM for trendy pills
    mikee likes this.

Go to cast bullets.. Rob Walker makes a very decent 6.5mm gas checked flat point good to between 1400-1800 fps in around 1:8 twist or slower. Perfectly good killer out to 100 plus a bit meters. Or you could start a new cast target comp. And they run at $40/100 plus shipping. Cast Boolits website has info on cast in 6.5mm rifles. Has a decent following. I'm about to start shooting Walkers in my CZ 6.5x55mm Swede. Not everything has to fly at a zillion feet per sec. And think of the extended barrel life
    I know a lot but it seems less every day...

Still sierra and berger 6.5 pills out there.
    Using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Jhon View Post
    Go to cast bullets.. Rob Walker makes a very decent 6.5mm gas checked flat point good to between 1400-1800 fps in around 1:8 twist or slower. Perfectly good killer out to 100 plus a bit meters. Or you could start a new cast target comp. And they run at $40/100 plus shipping. Cast Boolits website has info on cast in 6.5mm rifles. Has a decent following. I'm about to start shooting Walkers in my CZ 6.5x55mm Swede. Not everything has to fly at a zillion feet per sec. And think of the extended barrel life
    True that, interesting idea, purpose of this 6.5PRC was to get into some PRS and long range steel, occasional hunting. May have to change supplier look at Berger in the 140plus range

They mentioned new shipping date is 22 Jan 2022, but who knows how reliable that date will be. ADI shipment is waiting to be allocated a ship

Gone But Not Forgotten
    Prices for bullets in the U.S. are rising sharply too as the supply runs out and the gougers are getting stuck in.

Quote Originally Posted by Jhon View Post
    This! But be warned, lead is getting harder to come buy. My next rifle will be a 357 or 44. However most 30 cal shoot cast boolets like champs. Never tried smaller calibers but have a couple of .22 dies! I guess the lead will last a while making 50 grainers.

If you don't already have a stockpile you are basically shit out of luck for the foreseeable future. Buy a different calibre or find another hobby.

Quote Originally Posted by 10-Ring View Post
    Prices for bullets in the U.S. are rising sharply too as the supply runs out and the gougers are getting stuck in.
    Seems to be easing from what I'm hearing.....still no powder supply though