Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: hornady sub-x

hornady sub-x

ok at the range yesterday sighting in a new scope on the 30/30 a 1-4x30 that i can dial (for ease of swapping between subs and supers).....happy with it at 50m using sub-x and 100m with corelockts ......but after looking at the target i notice a much smaller hole from the 175g sub-x as opposed to the 150gr corelokts
    Name:  IMG_20211203_095852.jpg
Views: 255
Size:  2.51 MB
    so my question is will this be an issue on animals.....has anyone had real world experience with the efficiency of the sub-x am i overthinking this ?

MB
    I use Sub-X 300BLK factory rounds. Pretty awful on animals in my opinion, expansion is highly variable. Fine for head shots, but any projectile would be. I have a few threads on it if you do a search.

I have used 190gn sub x in my 308. Very accurate at 60 yards. I only head/neck shoot big game with them though. Slow killers with chest shots.
    Experience. What you get just after you needed it.

yea think i got a bit of ol timers disease.... just been flippin thru the old thread about these refreshing the memory.... at least i ill have good brass for reloads down the track