Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree12Likes
  • 4 Post By Marty Henry
  • 3 Post By Tentman
  • 2 Post By Marty Henry
  • 1 Post By Rated M for Magnum

Thread: I Left my brain and phone behind

I Left my brain and phone behind

So I swapped out the scope on the swift yesterday because I wanted a bit more magnification, bore sighted it and went out this morning to zero it. A simple quick job only needing a couple of rounds no need for a ballustic app.
    Because of variable results in the past with my bore sighting I now start at 25 yards so as to at least be on paper.
    First shot in the bull another to verify it wasn't a fluke, nope it's right. I'm pretty pleased with myself and the brain says that will be just about spot on at 200 so let's check that.
    Fire two shots nothing on paper? Another at 25 touches the other 2.
    I have 2 rounds left I fire both one holding the top of the paper, the other the bottom.
    The second one hits 7 inches up from the bottom of the paper.
    Walking back confused the light comes on the "25 and 200" applies to 2500 to 2700 fps projectiles this is a bit faster.
    Get home punch the figures into strelok, second zero is 430 yards and trajectory peaks at 7 3/4 inches at 270 yards.
    Now I have to reload some before I sort it, but as a start I've wound 15 clicks off.
    Today's not even a holiday so thats not an excuse. Sense and senility don't mix well.

LOL....got caught with old .303 when we fitted higher scope mounts so could see opens underneath.....man that was a right bitch to zero properly.....dead on at hundy was about right,below all the way out there then dropped off just as quickly....
    the 22-250 had me scratching head like your swift does....settled on 1" high at hundy...seems to be good for point n shoot on hares out to nearly 300.

Haha - anyone who doesn't confess to doing the same thing is either a liar or hasn't done very much . . ..

That's what I'm going to settle on, according to strelok 1 at 100 is a 50 yds zero, 2 inches low at 300. Only one way to find out. Off to do a bit of reloading.
    Rated M for Magnum and Borris like this.

I hate days like that, it's always the brain that gets left behind, holding onto the spotlight box, next to the suppressor for the rifle you're taking...

Zeroing rifles can be painful when the brain is on holiday as well
    Micky Duck likes this.