Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Importing a new die

Anyone had any issues with US or NZ customs/shipping companies on importing a reloading die for US -> NZ ?

Thinking of YouShop or just a direct delivery via DHL/FedEx for this 'machinery part'.

bought in 5 sets just order and they ship them direct most are just as cheap buying in new zealand

no a problem.....ordered my 284 dies through Sinclairs and my 6xc dies were ordered and shipped last week.

Don't call it anything other than what it is for Customs purposes! Call it a die set. There is nothing illegal in owning or importing reloading gear, even if you do not have a firearms license. If Customs think you have deliberately misnamed something, it will be seized and destroyed, and you could be charged. There will be nothing to pay as the price will be well below the $300 GST level for imports, and it will come straight to your address.

Quote Originally Posted by gundoc View Post
    Don't call it anything other than what it is for Customs purposes! Call it a die set. There is nothing illegal in owning or importing reloading gear, even if you do not have a firearms license. If Customs think you have deliberately misnamed something, it will be seized and destroyed, and you could be charged. There will be nothing to pay as the price will be well below the $400 GST level for imports (for items other than footwear or clothing, where a threshold of $225 seems to eb used by Customs), and it will come straight to your address.
    Corrected your post.
    Welcome to Sako club.

I bring in dies, moulds etc wth no issues whatso ever.

my mother in law just posted some from Canada , and on the declaration form on front wrote pistol dies , customs opened the box to inspect , but otherwise no probs
    NO MATTER HOW MUCH IT HURTS, HOW DARK IT GETS OR HOW FAR YOU FALL , .....
    YOU ARE NEVER OUT OF THE FIGHT . (Marcus Luttrell)

+1 on Sinclairs, very easy to deal with and fast shipping like 8 days.

I've just placed an order for $505(ish) USD worth of reloading gear from Titan Reloading.
    I'm gonna have to pay duty on it, but still works out at less than 1/2 the price of buying it all here in NZ.

I've bought in a few from Sinclairs for various wildcat calibres - very helpful and friendly with super quick delivery (like < 5 days from memory).
    Just a pity so much other stuff now is classified as firearms or parts or tactical optics so they cant ship ex USA. Buga

Cheers all. The die is custom made, not available in shops so it's just the convincing of the US guy making them (as a hobbie really) to deliver them to NZ. If it works out I'll post up the results.

I used youshop to bring in my rockchucker kit. No problems there at all. Maybe have a good look at the us munitions list and then make the call, the online shops all seem to have used this customs bs to abandon what they perceive as a C or D grade market (NZ)

my redding delux 6xc dies are in nz customs as we speak dispatched from the states on the 18th through Sinclairs. ...not too bad just hope NZ customs do take too long haha.....