Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By shooternz
  • 1 Post By grandpamac

Thread: IMR 4064 in 308

IMR 4064 in 308

Anyone using IMR 4064 in 7mm08?

Any bullet weight but I I tend to use it with 160 class projectiles at first and possibly some light varminty type projectiles as well (for those long range bunny/hare situations).

I normally use AR 2208 but couldn't find any locally so picked this up instead.

Any feedback greatly appreciated

Sorry, brain fart in the title, new thread made

Hornady list IMR 4064 with a 162 grain from 32.3 to 39.6 very close to 2208, I used it years ago for target loads in .308's with 168 MK great powder a little coarse grained
    Rated M for Magnum likes this.

Thanks @shooternz I'm using 2208 with 162 ELD-M at the moment and they work great together so hopefully IMR 4064 will be just as good.

I have a 308 as well that I shoot more often so it may end up going through that, but who knows I'll throw together some test loads soon with a bit of luck

Greetings Rated M for Magnum,
    I have used Dupont IMR4064 for decades in the .308 and it should be fine in the 7mm-08. I found a definite improvement in accuracy with increases in loads. The .308 case tended to run out of capacity with the coarser powder but I doubt this will be a problem with the 7mm-08 and smaller charges.
    Regards Grandpamac.
    Rated M for Magnum likes this.