Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Licence for buying projectiles?

Licence for buying projectiles?

Put a bid on some projectiles and trade me asked for licence no to put bid on, never done this before so is this needed or just covering there arse

Also says buyer must produce licence for the sale

I did not think you needed it for components, pain in the arse if I have to get form done for a few bits of lead
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt
    OPCz

not legaly required. maybe just tard me being dicks as usual
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

Trademe ask for your firearms licence just to enable you to ask a question about a firearm. Sure as hell don't get asked that when I ask a question in a gun store :>)

So, arse covering it must be.

As an aside once when I wanted to ask a question and did not have the time or licence with me, I fudged it by entering a1234567. Their system accepted that number but I subsequently received a very terse email from the TradeMe with a warning along with a threat of emasculation were I to do it again..........
    308 and steven like this.

Cheers, I thought that was the case, I didn't really want give them my no, but I wanted the projectiles so did
    OPCz

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi Sapper View Post
    Trademe ask for your firearms licence just to enable you to ask a question about a firearm. Sure as hell don't get asked that when I ask a question in a gun store :>)

So, arse covering it must be.

As an aside once when I wanted to ask a question and did not have the time or licence with me, I fudged it by entering a1234567. Their system accepted that number but I subsequently received a very terse email from the TradeMe with a warning along with a threat of emasculation were I to do it again..........
    That gave me a chuckle , I have had a couple of emails from them, told them to keep there knickers on, hope that gave them a chuckle

My account was in the red
    OPCz

Also depends on what section the item is listed in if he listed the projectiles in ammunition instead is projectiles. As I asked a question for gunpowder no problem.
    steven likes this.
    Using Tapatalk

Yes I just checked, it is listed under ammo

I look at dies and presses , then projectiles then type in reloading for all of hunting and that's how I found it
    OPCz

Yea get that a lot on trade me with people not listing properly can get some good bargains from it tho if the intended buyers arnt in that section. Got a brand new packet of 307 winchester for $25 because the guy spelled winchester wrong and when you searched 307 or winchester it didn't come up.
    moonhunt likes this.
    Using Tapatalk

TradeMe policy.

If you don't like it, then choose to not use them - it's up to you.

Ejected
    Starting to follow in ebays footsteps the fuckwits. Next they'll be banning gun auctions.

I would have thought asking for FAL would stop dodgy people setting people up. Eg "where do you live can i come round and have a look at your AR". nek minnit you come home and your safe has been ripped off the wall! I appreciate that they ask for FAL.
    I cant see why people dislike trade me? Would you rather go back to Buy Sell and Exchange?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    gadgetman, steven, seano and 1 others like this.

Moonhunt I sell projectiles all the time through our business and no licence required. we have a no pick up deal and couriers just hate them cause they weight heaps
    moonhunt likes this.

I agree its a good policy regarding firearms, but for a few dollars worth of consumables- for me, not worth going to into town, would rather take my FAL to a shop in the weekend

As far as selling a firearm I think the onus is on the seller, post it, stay safe unless you think you can really trust the buyer, no form no post, no one knows where you live
    OPCz

Quote Originally Posted by username View Post
    I would have thought asking for FAL would stop dodgy people setting people up. Eg "where do you live can i come round and have a look at your AR". nek minnit you come home and your safe has been ripped off the wall! I appreciate that they ask for FAL.
    I cant see why people dislike trade me? Would you rather go back to Buy Sell and Exchange?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Those were the days, the old trade and exchange was printed in Warkworth, we got it hot off the press a day before everyone else
    OPCz

Quote Originally Posted by moonhunt View Post
    I agree its a good policy regarding firearms, but for a few dollars worth of consumables- for me, not worth going to into town, would rather take my FAL to a shop in the weekend

As far as selling a firearm I think the onus is on the seller, post it, stay safe unless you think you can really trust the buyer, no form no post, no one knows where you live
    Yup, same here. Nothing close by except H&F in warkworth, so its buy off Tardme or a bi monthly trip down to reloaders to stock up and justify the fuel