Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta Alpine

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: A little bit of a play with the Tuibob and a suppresser

Impure Lead Flinger

A little bit of a play with the Tuibob and a suppresser

Old abey and me thought that seeing we were making our .243s into something fancey pansey wee may as well have a little fun

So he cam round last night and we loaded up some ,243s in prep for the forming to the mighty TUIBOB!!!! which is an improved .243AI...

off to one of our wee blasting spots we went at midnight almost to check the fireforming loads and try form my old 15x fired .243 win lapua brass and im sure he will post the photos of that tonight as he took the interesting results of that nhome with him

So this morning I seated the last of the pills in the soon to be TUIBOB cases and after a quick stop at the old bakery to feed my lard ass I arrived at the famous gallery

I was thinking that wee abeys suppersser needed a good test so as I had 200 rounds to form I thought this would be a good test and time to do it

I was originally gonna see if I could hit the LR targets shotgun style with out a scope but after I hit the 400m one after 3 shots I bored of thet and proceded to explode wee abeys poopresser lol...

After rapid firing almost 170 rounds it atarted to get interesting so I thought id video the results of the last 30 shots, you will see be turn and grin mid rapid firing... That is the moment the suppresser buldged after 180 odd rounds rapid fire...

this suppresser has already had a hard life with 1500 odd rounds of .243 down it before i even did this test

PREPARE FOR BOB TV

Abe will put up last nights forming results later on when he gets a chance

As for now Ill leave you with this wee vid... Forming coaster style

I take it that barrel is going to be binned and was reamed with the reamer you will ream a new barrel with?

She was certainly hot!
    Fishing ... Hunting its all good

Shut up, get out & start pushing!

Impure Lead Flinger
    Quote Originally Posted by leathel View Post
    I take it that barrel is going to be binned and was reamed with the reamer you will ream a new barrel with?

She was certainly hot!
    no its my new barrel

Ruthless. But awesome.

Interesting test...

However not impressed about the lack of "checking your firing zone" mate, this is how people end up getting shot.

Just my thoughts.
    "Professionals are predictable but the world is full of dangerous amateurs"

R93
    The friggin thing was buldged for ages. You could hear the shot when it happened. Please tell me that was not your new barrel. Quenching it like that can/will change the metals structure.
    Has Abe not got the no projectile forming sorted yet?
    You have finally come over to the darkside and got a sheepshagger. Is it a 2010 - 2011? Must upgrade my one, warrants only last 6 months now.

R93
    Quote Originally Posted by Shooter View Post
    Interesting test...

However not impressed about the lack of "checking your firing zone" mate, this is how people end up getting shot.

Just my thoughts.
    Why would you be so bold to speculate like that??? You have no idea where and what his firing zone is. It is safe by the way. Jeez.
    You have half the info but still know everything.

Impure Lead Flinger
    Dave Its a 2012 model lol it had 14kms on the clock a month ago lol...... Very nice, they have touchscreen now lol

Shooter do you know where the hell I was? Do u also know what the hell I was pointing at? Could u see on the video? NO!!!!!... So keep ur opinion to yourself....

Maybe because it is the shooters responsibility to check "his" firing zone each and every time the trigger is squeezed. Would be a real shame to see another kiwi killed by our lack of situational awareness.

R93
    Quote Originally Posted by baldbob View Post
    Dave Its a 2012 model lol it had 14kms on the clock a month ago lol...... Very nice, they have touchscreen now lol

Shooter do you know where the hell I was? Do u also know what the hell I was pointing at? Could u see on the video? NO!!!!!... So keep ur opinion to yourself....
    I was just trying a wind up, I new you would buy new. I want a new one. Touch screen eh? Like the colour. You can go back to being dangerous now Ha Ha

R93
    Maybe because it is the shooters responsibility to check "his" firing zone each and every time the trigger is squeezed. Would be a real shame to see another kiwi killed by our lack of situational awareness.
    Righto. Your firing into a safe backstop that you have fired into thousands of times but you need to check each shot? How, by looking over the barrel to ensure a safe firing zone? Or do you do it different shooter?

Impure Lead Flinger
    Sorry shooter nxt time im firing rounds from the hip at a bank ill make sure I run down there and ask the bank if its ok and safe to fire at it from the hip..
    Lord knows a bank could have been injured.......

Backstop or no backstop, every time the trigger is squeezed check that firing zone. Complacency kills.
    Feral likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by baldbob View Post
    Sorry shooter nxt time im firing rounds from the hip at a bank ill make sure I run down there and ask the bank if its ok and safe to fire at it from the hip..
    Lord knows a bank could have been injured.......
    Pitty you could not be sure if all rounds were captured in this "Backstop"...