Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Wingman
  • 1 Post By Tentman

Thread: Loads for 300 blackout

Loads for 300 blackout

Hi every1 my names jason currently living in Taihape first time on the ol forum

Just had a question for every1 ... currently playing around with loads for a 300 blackout not really looking for a sub round just yet but was wonderin wat every1s thoughts are on powders n projectiles people are useing . Will be used for deer most of the time

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Welcome Jason.

You really cant go past H110 and ADI 2205 for the BLK. Stick in the 125gr to 130gr range. Plenty of projectiles out there that will do the job.

Bit of info on your rifle will help, make, model, barrel length, twist rate etc.
    chubby likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Wingman View Post
    Welcome Jason.

You really cant go past H110 and ADI 2205 for the BLK. Stick in the 125gr to 130gr range. Plenty of projectiles out there that will do the job.

Bit of info on your rifle will help, make, model, barrel length, twist rate etc.
    Running a Ruger American 1-7RH twist . Barrell is 14.6 inches long , have had inch a half cut off factory barrell ... ah yip cool thanks for the tips

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Hello - I have't shot anything live with mine yet either, but after a lot of reading I have settled on the 125 Hornady SST as it seems it mostly lives up to its claims to expand well at velocities you'd expect out to 150M or maybe a wee bit more.

You can get Fiocchi ammo for $36 a box of 25 ready loaded with 125 SST's, or roll your own, I'm using N110 as Quickload says it has a 100% burn (and therefore low muzzle pressure = low noise) and it shoots great in my rifle (a CMMG 12.5" barrel).

I get 2025 fps with the Fiocchi's and 2045 fps with handloads, so for all intents and purposes - identical. The handloads shoot a bit better than the Fiocchi's but both are very good, way better than you need to reliably shoot deer (or even smaller stuff like wallabies) out past 180M.

The Fiocchi shot really well in my cobbers American - better than my AR
    chubby likes this.