Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Lyman sizing die

Lyman sizing die

Just bought a Lyman lube/ seizing die wtf spend an hour sizing 1 projectile. It will be modified tomorrow so it works
    Only sizing pure lead to .451 cal from about .452, just kept jamming in the die and I had to punch out. Even sizing them thru my non lube .451 die and then thru the lube they jammed, I've got something wrong, everything measures Ok? Any help appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Tussock View Post
    All mine come pre sized with little red tips on them.
    Al mine hopefully be sized, lubed and wrapped in onion paper, they won't even touch the barrell! But red tips are Ok just a bit faster?

what sizing press are you using it in I use both lyman and rcbs in my rcbs lube a matic with no problems

Quote Originally Posted by 260rem View Post
    what sizing press are you using it in I use both lyman and rcbs in my rcbs lube a matic with no problems
    The projectile which I sized to .451 in my non lube press when put thru the Lyman lube press with the same size die seems to hydraulic on the lube in the die. Tried again tonight and ended up hand lubing them.

there should be no lube or very little in the sizing chamber in the die until you push the projectile down
    What make of lube are you using

Thanks for helping "dickhead me" wasn't using it correctly! Watch utube and walla the lights went on yahoo!