Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Marlin X7 .308,

Marlin X7 .308,

Anyone loading for the marlin X7 in 308, going to use adi AR2208 powder just looking at what bullets work in this barrel boat tail or flat base .

Ive loaded for my nephew, just used what I do for the brno, 165 gr sierra hpbt, 43 gr ar 2208. Flat or boat tail should make no difference as I have around 200 until theyre gone they are the ones I use. Next will be a box and a half of 170 gr rn flat base that Ive worked a load out for already.

Apparently the 2 biggest cunts on here lol Philipo's Avatar
    Yeah I've had an X7 in 308, shot very well for a cheap rifle. Can't remember the load off the top of my head but think I was running 180's but a basic 150-165 softpoint will do the bizzo out to 400 ( and thats all ya need so wouldn't be to worried about BC )
    Shoot it, root it & then BBQ it !!!

Cheers fullas, I have a pet load for my weatherby 308 using sierra and hornady boat tail softpoints. Just wondered if the marlin was sensitive to flat base or boat tail projectiles. Mate has just got the gear to start loading for his marlin and we thought see what others were using in the marlin.