Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By hunter308

Thread: more testing from the 270

more testing from the 270

Tried a few loads with 2213sc last weekend at muckos place and narrowed down to two loads that I liked, this time I was using 140 grain SGK HPBT using sierra data. Testing was done at 50 meters even though I would have liked to have done it at 100 meters I am just grateful that I can go to a mates place instead of going all the way to taupo to do the testing.

55.5 grains 2213sc
    Name:  20150406_180429[1].jpg
Views: 334
Size:  464.1 KB

56.5 grains 2213sc
    Name:  20150406_180601[1].jpg
Views: 331
Size:  465.4 KB
    Grunta likes this.
    RULE 4: IDENTIFY YOUR TARGET BEYOND ALL DOUBT

To be a Human is to be an Alien, ask the animals, We invade this world and we are killing it, we are destroying the earth and nobody gives a fuck except for the animals

Niceone! These 140 HP are great killers too. Ive just had a play with some Matrix 165gr vlds. Good results so far

Quote Originally Posted by Grunta View Post
    Niceone! These 140 HP are great killers too. Ive just had a play with some Matrix 165gr vlds. Good results so far
    Dogmatix told me the same thing about the 140gr SGK hollow points he just said to not use them for long range due to them having the BC of a brick, I loaded up 10 rounds of the 56.5 grain charge for this weekend as willie and I are doing a trip to pureora on sunday, the horizontal stringing shown on that load may have been due to the gusty wind I was shooting in along with me probably not squeezing the trigger properly. I do have some hornady 140 grain BTSP to try as well and going to load up a couple over the 56.5 and 55.5 grain charges to see if that makes any difference. Both of those loads are under 1 inch at 50 meters and should be the same out to 100 I am just going to use the hollow points for a bush round at this stage until I can re-test them on the 100 meter range in taupo where I will also try the hornady bullets. I really like the recoil of this round as it is not as sharp as the 130's and feels more like a push than anything else that 56.5 grain charge should be doing around 2800 fps based on the hornady manual as the data matches the length of my barrel which is 24 inches but really need to chrony it to find out for sure.

To be a Human is to be an Alien, ask the animals, We invade this world and we are killing it, we are destroying the earth and nobody gives a fuck except for the animals

Hahaha your hooked onthe reloading buzz now aren't you! yeah they haven't the best BC but they're still good for 400yds.

Hahaha your hooked onthe reloading buzz now aren't you! yeah they haven't the best BC but they're still good for 400yds.
    Jeeze grunta I have been reloading since 2010 so always been hooked lol, I just got worse with the addiction when living in tokoroa the range there was damned near my second home as I used to spend shitloads of time there punching paper as I could not do much while I had a busted up knee and still could not do much post surgery on that knee either. I just got back into it last year after I was able to replace a lot of the gear including rifle I had to sell a while back to raise funds to go and harvest wheat in aussie which turned into an epic fail due to drought over there buggering up our workload and ended up making nothing to buy shit with when I got home. I used to load for a 6.5x55 I had plus a 308 would love to get another caliber to go with the 270 as my 16 year old boy likes shooting my 270 so can't let it go as that was one of the first centerfires he ever got behind so has now got sentimental value for me attached to it.

Ahhh, I just assumed you started afresh a year ago bummer about the wheat - least you gave it a crack though.

Ahhh, I just assumed you started afresh a year ago bummer about the wheat - least you gave it a crack though.
    No worries I did start off with a fresh mind on it as when I first started I used to get frustrated with not being able to achieve that sought after one ragged hole group, with my rifle still being stock standard out of the box I am happy with the results I am achieving even though I will look into getting it pillar bedded and change the trigger to a timney at some stage. As for the wheat harvest I would go back if I can be guaranteed that work will not run out after a few weeks.