Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    LJP

N570 powder dispensing problems

Mate went to load some N570 powder for some load development through his trusty Lee powder dispenser but it easily blocks with the coarse granules. Even hangs up in the powder funnel in the throat. Never had any problems with other powders in his Lee powder dispenser. He was thinking of getting another powder dispenser, probably Redding, that might be better engineered to avoid this problem. Any experience or ideas?

If it hangs up on the Lee it may well hang on others. I have the Lee Perfect and Lee Perfect Deluxe. I rate both of them fir accuracy with fine to medium powders but use an RCBS with its steel drums for larger stick powders. Lyman have brass drums and the cutting edge will wear. There are other steel drum measures that have steel drums and will likely do as good a job as the RCBS including Hornady. See if you can find a mate with one you can try or maybe someone here has the powder/measure combo you need.
    I know a lot but it seems less every day...

Had similar trouble with IMR 8133 through my RCBS powder thrower ,i just give the through lever several taps with a handy 6 inch bolt and the vibrations release the powder no problem !!

Its such a bulky powder. You will struggle to get it to feed perfectly in most throwers. Its a hassle in thw autotricklers too

Same for me with 2213sc in my Hornady thrower