Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Flyblown

Thread: Norma bondstrike

Norma bondstrike

Anyone have any details on these as far as availability in Nz? Would love to try the 180grain in my 300wsm. Bc of .615 seems like the ducks nuts.

https://www.norma-ammunition.com/en-...rma-bondstrike

I did some Google searching a few days ago and didn’t find a single reference to this new product in New Zealand.

NZ Ammo usually carries a decent range of Norma, so I would email them and Steve’s Wholesale to see if they have plans to bring them in.

I usually find it odd that a bonded bullet is promoted on the one hand as capable of holding together at sub 100m from superfast magnums, and in the next breath as an extremely long range bullet. I hope there is a degree of practical honesty in the expansion photos at they show in the marketing material, because they are certainly impressive.

Name:  AA89F3F6-75BF-498F-9BBA-66FEEE45E734.jpeg
Views: 454
Size:  123.5 KB
    Mooseman likes this.
    Just...say...the...word

They certainly look as if they should be a good all rounder if they do as they say they do. Time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by Mooseman View Post
    They certainly look as if they should be a good all rounder if they do as they say they do. Time will tell.
    Couple of reports of close shots over in the us, sub 100 meters with a 300 winmag but like you say time will tell.

The 143 grain 6.5mm version looks like an interesting option. They state it has a BC of .629.