Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree7Likes
  • 1 Post By Micky Duck
  • 1 Post By Makros
  • 1 Post By grandpamac
  • 1 Post By Moa Hunter
  • 1 Post By Moa Hunter
  • 1 Post By Kiwi-Hunter
  • 1 Post By Micky Duck

Thread: Online data thread???

Online data thread???

hmmmm where did that go??????

was just looking for the trailboss formula bit online and cant find it elsewhere......and then looking at .44 magnum load data online its frustrating as buggery trying to work out what will n wont work...shed loads of data for cowboy action type stuff...but imput a 260-270-280 grain projectile and the data gets very scarce on the ground...Ive got 2x ADI shotgun powders...NOT the ap70 unfortunately...do have the 30 and the 50 but the data for them is all for the lighter than 240grn range...... lilgun data is there for 225grn FTX and trailboss data is absent without leave
    so gone from....yes...got 4 powders that will work to......19-21grns of lilgun with 270grn from only one source

anyone got paper data covering what Im after????

and Nathan F ........THIS SENARIO is eggzachary why folks look outside of just the ADI website/paper book....
    Gur1 likes this.
    75/15/10 black powder matters

https://www.nzhuntingandshooting.co....nternet-84944/

Different section.

ADI only lists data for trail boss up to 240grn (Starting of 6.0gr and max of 7.3gr). Might just have to drop a grain and work up for heavier projectiles. I wouldn't trust any other unverified data online.
    Micky Duck likes this.

thanks Makros...thought I WAS LOOSING THE PLOT....

right so have finally found hard data...sort of... paper loading manual
    I have 24.5 grns lilgun with a 240 grn projecttile AND 17.7 grns lilgun with a 300 grn projectile

also found in handloader magazine online and confirmed by MD Smith data online 19-21grns with a 270grn projectile

so out came pencil,paper and Japanese brain (calculator)

if I drop charge weight a little bit to begin and end......

240grn pill=====24grn lilgun
    250grn=======22.8
    260grn=======21.6
    270grn=======20.4
    280grn=======19.2
    290grn=======18
    300grn=======16.8

I BELIEVE that should put me in safe loading range because Ive dropped down from maximum to begin with...the middle 270grn on my madeup chart sits alongside what I can find so sort of confirms it....
    looks like the AS30N and AS50N arent any use to me unless I find lighter projectiles they are red n green dot comparable.... and trailboss,well it looks to only give low velocity loads anyway.....

open to verification or DONT DO IT,you way outside of safe if thats what your numbers tell you.

anyone care to confirm the above looks correct?????
    I dont have quickload or Gordons etc etc....
    99% sure my maths is correct on this one but it would be good to hear it confirmed by someone with tools to confirm it looks correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Micky Duck View Post
    hmmmm where did that go??????

was just looking for the trailboss formula bit online and cant find it elsewhere......and then looking at .44 magnum load data online its frustrating as buggery trying to work out what will n wont work...shed loads of data for cowboy action type stuff...but imput a 260-270-280 grain projectile and the data gets very scarce on the ground...Ive got 2x ADI shotgun powders...NOT the ap70 unfortunately...do have the 30 and the 50 but the data for them is all for the lighter than 240grn range...... lilgun data is there for 225grn FTX and trailboss data is absent without leave
    so gone from....yes...got 4 powders that will work to......19-21grns of lilgun with 270grn from only one source

anyone got paper data covering what Im after????

and Nathan F ........THIS SENARIO is eggzachary why folks look outside of just the ADI website/paper book....
    Greetings @Micky Duck,
    If you are looking for the Hodgdons sheet on Trail Boss go to the Hodgdons site (not the data centre) and go to Resources, Reference Data, Reduced Recoil Load Data and there it is.
    Regards Grandpamac.
    Micky Duck likes this.

Banned
    thanks Makros...thought I WAS LOOSING THE PLOT....

right so have finally found hard data...sort of... paper loading manual
    I have 24.5 grns lilgun with a 240 grn projecttile AND 17.7 grns lilgun with a 300 grn projectile

also found in handloader magazine online and confirmed by MD Smith data online 19-21grns with a 270grn projectile

so out came pencil,paper and Japanese brain (calculator)

if I drop charge weight a little bit to begin and end......

240grn pill=====24grn lilgun
    250grn=======22.8
    260grn=======21.6
    270grn=======20.4
    280grn=======19.2
    290grn=======18
    300grn=======16.8

I BELIEVE that should put me in safe loading range because Ive dropped down from maximum to begin with...the middle 270grn on my madeup chart sits alongside what I can find so sort of confirms it....
    looks like the AS30N and AS50N arent any use to me unless I find lighter projectiles they are red n green dot comparable.... and trailboss,well it looks to only give low velocity loads anyway.....

open to verification or DONT DO IT,you way outside of safe if thats what your numbers tell you.
    Your AS50n is what I would use for 44Mag 7.6 gr +300 grain projectile =1030 fps and dead Fallow. ES with AS50 is only 6 fps Trailboss will be 30 - 60 and some will go trans-sonic ime
    Micky Duck likes this.

Great...now where can I find published data for AS50N with any projectile over 240grns????? believe me I have looked.
    std or magnum primer???

dont WANT to be subsonic.....chap I will be loading for was put off when trying some earlier on...probably cowboy action levels 600-700fps so Im looking to push them out at good but not stupidly hot speed....

Banned
    Great...now where can I find published data for AS50N with any projectile over 240grns????? believe me I have looked.
    std or magnum primer???
    I just published a draft of my load data one post ago. Use it as a start point and go up or down, it is a dependable load with no surprises.
    The only thing I would add is that tinkering with powder weight by going up or down a tenth of a grain can make a dramatic difference to group size - something that I have just learnt and validated after watching Erik Cortina and Jack Neary on reading groups. In fact I believe I watched it before (beat him to it) @dannyb for once
    Micky Duck likes this.

For the duck out of water

Hi Mickey
    This is my replacement for ap70n.
    KH
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Micky Duck likes this.
    The Voice of Reason, Come let us Reason together...

Name:  IMG_20220718_165226_8.jpg
Views: 94
Size:  1.95 MB
    Moa Hunter likes this.

280---270---260grn @Moa Hunter