Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By zimmer
  • 2 Post By shooternz

Thread: Parker Hale ‘NEVER NICKEL’

Parker Hale ‘NEVER NICKEL’

I have a jar of the above in my collection of shooting bric-a-bac.

How old is it likely to be?
    And is it any good? (As per claims on label)
    ‘Many of my bullets have died in vain’

56 years ago, just out of school, I joined the local fullbore club. I can remember some of the old guys (hah, younger than I am now) applying Never Nickel to their rounds. I don't remember it being widely in use. There was also Motty Paste.

The Never Nickel I am led to believe is just molybdenum disulphide (but could be wrong on that) so the moly rage of a few years back wasn't a new initiative by any means.

Somewhere I have the Parker Hale catalogue circa early 70s and stuff like Never Nickel and Mott Paste are advertised in it. Will try and find it.
    Finnwolf likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by zimmer View Post
    56 years ago, just out of school, I joined the local fullbore club. I can remember some of the old guys (hah, younger than I am now) applying Never Nickel to their rounds. I don't remember it being widely in use. There was also Motty Paste.

The Never Nickel I am led to believe is just molybdenum disulphide (but could be wrong on that) so the moly rage of a few years back wasn't a new initiative by any means.

Somewhere I have the Parker Hale catalogue circa early 70s and stuff like Never Nickel and Mott Paste are advertised in it. Will try and find it.
    You are correct Parker Hale never nickel was use to stop meal fouling by Full bore shooters I have a bottle of it I got when I bought a retired
    No4 Full bore rifle they stopped using it when the NRA switched to the 7.62 NATO,
    The Long range shooters then re-invented it with Moly coating which proved there is nothing really new
    The old guy I bought my No 4 off had an even older version of bullet lube applicator it was a brass cylinder with a turn screw to pressurise
    it about 100mm x 40mm with a felt washer the bullet was poked into dated around 1900,
    The lube used was molybdenum disulphide same as the Parker Hale Bottle some of the shooters just refilled the bottles using a grease gun.
    zimmer and Finnwolf like this.