Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ebf

Thread: Q do ppl think the lee classic 4 way press with a double reloader (so up to .308w)

Q do ppl think the lee classic 4 way press with a double reloader (so up to .308w)

is accurate / repeatable enough for target use....

Classic Turret Press Kit - Lee Precision

Double Disk Kit - Lee Precision

Rifle Charging Die - Lee Precision

?

So I'd need a 45grain load time after time...

individually weigh each throw and add to or take away.
    nothing fancy needed, but a good set of scales is handy.

I wouldn't use an auto measure like that if I was doing target accuracy. Although that could depend on the type of powder as well.
    As bill999 says a scale and measure each load will mean each powder weight really is the same.
    The Biggest Room is the Room for Improvement

Yeah for 100 rounds a month manual is best but 1000+ rounds?....ouch...ie I was thinking of taking on some of the club re-loading work (for visitors), so not quite match grade...

ebf
    Steven, I used a Lee Pro 1000 to load high volumes of straight-wall cases. 9mm, 40s&W and M1 carbine.

If you want to get into serious volumes, without having to fight with the press all the time, look at Dillon.

For shouldered rifle cases, and especially target quality loads, I would stay clear of of a turret or indexing Lee, and rather batch things out on a single-stage. The Lee single-stage is fine IMHO. The amount of time you are going to fight with the indexing mechanism, you can just as well batch it on a single stage - and you are going to be sizing, trimming etc before in a batch in any case...

like Barefoot said, I would not be happy loading target loads using the disk system
    steven likes this.
    Viva la Howa ! R.I.P. Toby | Black rifles matter... | #illegitimate_ute