Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree11Likes
  • 2 Post By Larskramer
  • 1 Post By 25/08IMP
  • 1 Post By wsm junkie
  • 3 Post By stagstalker
  • 1 Post By stagstalker
  • 1 Post By Tirau
  • 2 Post By Pongo12

Thread: R26 and carbon

R26 and carbon

I’m working up a load for my new blaser mag using r26, 180eldm. I was finding pressure at a low charge of 65.5-66grn, someone mentioned a carbon ring, so out came the c4 and a good scrub. I settled on 65grns and started a seating depth test. After nine rounds I started to see some pressure, slight ejector wipe and more of a click on bolt. I carried on the last few rounds and had another clean, fark me the patches were blacker than black. Are people seeing this with r26,
    Any other 7 blaser guys seeing this lower charge? 65grns is 2980fps

Rl26 is dirty as he'll man. I use clr to clean the csrbon rings off.
    wsm junkie and dannyb like this.

Best carbon cleaner i found is the Gunslick forming one i use it after each outing.
    No more carbon build up

Sent from my CPH2145 using Tapatalk
    veitnamcam likes this.

Yeh man i get about 30 rounds in the wsm then need to pull out the CLR and give it a huck out. Never had it when i was running 2209.
    Larskramer likes this.

It’s the sudden rise in pressure that’s got me tho, carbon is all I can think.

I’m terrible at cleaning my rifles have only just started because I like this one I always cleaned bores but never carbon cleaned just an oily patch and a couple clean dry ones before taking it out . Funnily enough iv spent the day cleaning mine over and over because I had the time and I misread some instructions but I think it’s pretty clean anyway im just trying to figure out if the eliminator coming out blue means theirs still carbon ? Any one know the answer set to that? Theirs no black now that’s for sure that’s at 50 rounds since new . That aside I’d put 70 odd threw my blaser with no such cleans and never had a single issue with pressure 26” bartlein 67-68gns can’t remember which rl26 for 3060fps that rifle got the oily rag treatment and was fine

@Kelton blue is copper bro
    veitnamcam, chainsaw and Kelton like this.

I’m using Rel 26 in my SAUM. Can’t say I pay much attention tbh as i’m a if it ain’t broke don’t fix it kind of guy when it comes to the bore. Like Kelton I typically just run a few dry patches through to clear out the gunk then a light oiled patch for storage before next coming out again. I cleaned hard as per true flites break in instructions for the first 20 rounds but since then i’ve probably only done a full clean twice or maybe three times can’t quite remember. Up to 90 rounds down the tube now.
    DBD likes this.

Yep dirty as hell....send it to me I will dispose of it.
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

Quote Originally Posted by veitnamcam View Post
    Yep dirty as hell....send it to me I will dispose of it.
    Shoots good tho, Name:  EF8C1F1E-000D-40AA-87F7-520847C8E114.jpeg
Views: 203
Size:  29.8 KB
    veitnamcam likes this.

Shit,I better clean the saum. 530 rounds through her and I think it's been cleaned once or twice hahah. Hardly cools down though, like old mate said if it ain't broke don't fix it
    stagstalker and DBD like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Pongo12 View Post
    Shit,I better clean the saum. 530 rounds through her and I think it's been cleaned once or twice hahah. Hardly cools down though, like old mate said if it ain't broke don't fix it
    I always found old faithful rem mag hated being clean so iv ran em all dirty now