Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Caretaker

Recent developments with Berger Projectiles

Cut and pasted from austargets.com

I've been asked to relay some recent developments at Berger Bullets. We have been working on several projects and some of these are getting ready to launch. The first is not likely to excite the avid long range hunter. We are introducing a new line of hunting bullets which are designed by Bryan Litz to comply with SAAMI specifications in factory hunting rifles. This line will be known as the Berger Classic Hunter line.

In April I took some of these bullets to New Zealand for a test on game. We already tested them in media and they perform the same as our VLD Hunting bullets. I took 71 animals all of which expired either where they were hit or within yards of that spot. We are very excited about these bullets since we get a lot of feedback that hunters like how are bullets work but they have trouble getting them to shoot at magazine feedable COAL. These bullets are designed precisely for this purpose.

On the long range hunting front, we are soon to release our new 338 cal 250 gr Elite Hunter bullet. This bullet is the same shape as our current 338 cal 250 gr Hybrid OTM Tactical. The difference is on the inside. We changed the jacket so that it doesn't have the same high velocity/pressure performance issues as the Gen 1 (300 gr) bullets but will retain the same terminal performance as the Gen 1 bullet (which is very good). A 300 gr is planned to be released after the 250 gr is thoroughly tested.

Other developments are two ultra-heavy, high BC hunting bullets. The first bullet which has been made and is being tested now is the 270 cal 170 gr EOL Elite Hunter. We are in the early testing stage but so far things look good. The other bullet of similar design is the 7mm 195 gr EOL Elite Hunter. This bullet is going to take a while. The tooling makers recently relayed that the dies won't be available until Dec. We are working with them to push that delivery date up but I can't confirm that it will be any earlier.

Lastly, we are within a few months of making a new line of optimized Hybrid shaped hunting bullets. These are not like the Hybrid bullets mentioned above because these have been designed to achieve the highest BC possible with no regard for SAAMI dimensions. These bullets are for the precision long range hunter and will be a welcome addition to the line as most of these bullets have a higher BC than our current VLD Hunting bullets. All optimized Hybrid hunting bullets will be known as our Elite Hunter line.

Regards,
    Eric Stecker
    Berger Bullets

Official Cheese Shaman Spanners's Avatar
    Bergers 'tooling makers' are the same as mine.... I'm 20 months waiting for a punch.. Dec?? they're obviously getting pref treatment even though DC states they dont/wont
    JUST GIVE ME MY PUNCH AND DIES!!

On the original topic - will be interesting to see how they go, but I'm waiting on the 375s
    170gr 270cal - why?? you dont have enough case to deal with it - and why build a big case 277 when there are a BUNCH of better and avail 7mm already on the market.
    250gr 338? once again why??

Your reply popped up before I had finished my post - wasnt in reference to anything in your post.

Is like building a 200gr 25 cal pill... why??

Agree