Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Reloading the 7x64 Brenneke

Reloading the 7x64 Brenneke

Hi guys,

I know the 7x64 is not very common here. Is there perhaps anyone here that has one and is currently reloading? Beggars can't be choosers, but a load for 160gr Nosler Accubonds would be great!

Thanks

Alvar

U can use 280 reload data. I run 150 gn partitions & 154ssts in my 7x64. 2213 powder. Can dig out loads when back home

Great. Thank you very much. I would appreciate it. I also did a search on the forum, and managed to find some loads. Will be a good place to start of from.

I'm using a 7x65R which is almost identical. Running 56.5 or 57.5gr (from memory) 2213sc with a 162 a-max. I have found the the 160 accubond gives slightly higher pressures than the amax, so drop down a grain or two.
    this load gives 2750fps in a 24" barrel.
    The 7x64 is often loaded to slightly higher pressure than the 7x65R

I'm using 53.8 of AR-2209 behind 160 gn Speers and Sierra's, and have done with 162 A-maxs in my CZ 7x64. Gives about 2780-2810 fps. My rifle will go up to 55.0 and 2900 but the accuracy fell off.

Timely thread, I've just bought a Sako AV in 7x64 for a g, we will see how tidy once it arrives, picking up two boxes of ammo and dies tommorow, then. Off to smack sum gophers ( for a few days)
    Shearer likes this.

Gidday Grant - shame its not in NZ, I have plenty of Lapua brass, could have sent you some. I was thinking of replacing the Leupold VX-5HD 3-15 on mine with something a bit less bulky but given how well the rifle shoots the Leupy suits it, so I think its gonna stay.

Seeing as we are loving 7x64s, here is mine!

Have 100 RWS and 60 Norma cases sitting ready to load but haven’t got round to it yet.
    Still working my way through the 3 packets of Norma Oryx that I bought when I got it, tack driver with those

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Here's the deal I'm the best there is. Plain and simple. I wake up in the morning and I piss excellence."

I've got a 22" barrel 7x64 and use 55gr 2209 with 160gr woodleighs for a bit over 2900fps. I found I could go to 56gr with no pressure signs. I started with 280 rem data but found that my velocities were way down on what I was reading

58.2 of ar2217 behind a 162 amax. Currently playing with H4831, worked up to 56.8 but seems I still need to go up a little. Both around the 2700ish mark out of a 23.5” barrel.

Seems there’s one or two around!

There's a new SA falla on here forum name bumblebee? Name of Dan saw he listed it as one of his calibers he might have a nice recipe for it from his old country?
    It's all fun and games till Darthvader comes along
    I respect your beliefs but don't impose them on me.

Reloading the 7x64 Brenneke

Quote Originally Posted by Sideshow View Post
    There's a new SA falla on here forum name bumblebee? Name of Dan saw he listed it as one of his calibers he might have a nice recipe for it from his old country?
    Nah, in SA they can only use Somchem powders due to import restrictions etc, which are rubbish compared to the powders we get here, so the loads there are not very helpful.

Last edited by Spudattack; 11-05-2018 at 10:54 PM.
    "Here's the deal I'm the best there is. Plain and simple. I wake up in the morning and I piss excellence."

Cool good to know you have some strange laws there @Spudattack is it true you aren't aloud .22LR?
    It's all fun and games till Darthvader comes along
    I respect your beliefs but don't impose them on me.

Quote Originally Posted by Sideshow View Post
    Cool good to know you have some strange laws there @Spudattack is it true you aren't aloud .22LR?
    Yeah, some really strange carry on haha!

No, you can get .22lr, it’s just that every firearm needs to be licensed and in order to get a licence you need to write a motivation to convince them that you need said firearm.

They clamped down on people in cities buying .22 rifles as they were being used in built up areas, they also tried licensing air rifles for a similar reason. You can still get them but just need to motivate it properly.

All their licence categories have changed now since I left and I am not overly familiar with the new laws there.

Quote Originally Posted by chainsaw View Post
    U can use 280 reload data. I run 150 gn partitions & 154ssts in my 7x64. 2213 powder. Can dig out loads when back home
    Dug out the reload diary.
    Best results were 2213sc 59gn with154SSTs and 59.5 gn 2217 with 150gn Partitions. Speed 2750 - 2800fps