Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Bernie

Thread: Remington r15 load

Remington r15 load

Hi all
    Have just aquired one of these, out of interest what loads are guys with these using,
    And also what is the largest pill i can load for it?
    Have also just brought stag model 7 in 6.8spc so any load info
    For that would be greatly appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by DAVE.H View Post
    Hi all
    Have just aquired one of these, out of interest what loads are guys with these using,
    And also what is the largest pill i can load for it?
    Have also just brought stag model 7 in 6.8spc so any load info
    For that would be greatly appreciated

R15 .223 ?? If so its more about tiwist rate determining the maximum weight of the projectile you can use then also what you wish to shoot with it.

Barrel Twist Rate 1:14" 1:12" 1:9" 1:8" 1:7" or 1:6.5"
    Max Bullet Weight 55gr FB 65gr FB 73gr BT 80gr BT 90gr BT VLD

Theres heaps of charts on internet discussing this subject as well. I have only used Hornady 55 s training ammo in my newish gun so far.
    It accounts for rabbitts , hares , magpies and other small stuff but it also dropped a largish fallow stag ( lucky shot placement according to my mates )
    "This is my Flag... Ill only have the one ..

Hi my ar15shoots.7inch @ 100yds with hornaby practice ammo,but found them poor killers.Had a think about it,decided to pull factory bullet and replace it with a nosler 55gnballistic tip(this is steel case)so just pulled them and fitted new projectile.always found them (ballistic tip good knock down in my tikka. Tried them out yesterday,went good,(on rabbits but I bought the ar for goats and wallabys)So here's the story ,went for a walk with my mate he had shotty for close in I spotted 2red deer feeding tried together mates attention but deer bolted he said next time take the shot. I found 8 rabbits @120ydsflattened5 for 7shots so happy close in.Went to a knob with a good view and long shots (for me and my ar) shot 2 rabits@253and 2at 220. Then a red hind came out of the creek disturbed by my mate i suppose,checked firing zone (my mates words ringing in my ears take the shot)lined up on her she was agitated moving around abit.i fired hit! And hard sent 2nd to make sure and she's down ,I'm rapped only 3rd deer 1st by myself making all the calls.when I opened her up both shots had gone thru lungs.so the short story is changing just the projectile. Worked for me know have a killer load, 230ydsfor deer one shot was prob enough but wanted to make sure got photos will try and post but I'm a caveman on computers etc.
    veitnamcam likes this.

.223 55gn Vmax Proj / 27gns AR2208 (I use Varget which is the same powder)

Quote Originally Posted by Bernie View Post
    Hi my ar15shoots.7inch @ 100yds with hornaby practice ammo,but found them poor killers.Had a think about it,decided to pull factory bullet and replace it with a nosler 55gnballistic tip(this is steel case)so just pulled them and fitted new projectile.always found them (ballistic tip good knock down in my tikka. Tried them out yesterday,went good,(on rabbits but I bought the ar for goats and wallabys)So here's the story ,went for a walk with my mate he had shotty for close in I spotted 2red deer feeding tried together mates attention but deer bolted he said next time take the shot. I found 8 rabbits @120ydsflattened5 for 7shots so happy close in.Went to a knob with a good view and long shots (for me and my ar) shot 2 rabits@253and 2at 220. Then a red hind came out of the creek disturbed by my mate i suppose,checked firing zone (my mates words ringing in my ears take the shot)lined up on her she was agitated moving around abit.i fired hit! And hard sent 2nd to make sure and she's down ,I'm rapped only 3rd deer 1st by myself making all the calls.when I opened her up both shots had gone thru lungs.so the short story is changing just the projectile. Worked for me know have a killer load, 230ydsfor deer one shot was prob enough but wanted to make sure got photos will try and post but I'm a caveman on computers etc.
    Nice... post a longer story in the magazine section, it will get read by more.
    Welcome to Sako club.