Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By steven

Thread: scales

northdude

scales

so I went to do some loads last night come to the powder part and find my scales have died just when I was looking at getting a thrower I had those hornady digis but would rather try something else. im looking at the lyman micro touch 1500 are they any good?

I used to have a lyman digital scale (not that fancy one on trade me above) but kept having trouble with it and kept checking it against my old ohaus 10 10 beam scale. Ditched the lyman in the end now just use the scales to check the powder thrower, guess I don't trust them new fangled battery things.

got a gempro 250 which runs off mains power, so you dont loose accuracy when the battery gets low and you can take your time reloading and powder measuring

When I found that my new Hornady digital scale was under-reading by 9 grains (47gr instead of the 38gr FFS which in a no4 enfield is way over) within a month of getting it, I went and got a LEE beam powder scale, f**k getting injured/dead. If you are going to go digital at least check the first and last load in a beam scale, or every 100 IMHO it wont take long.
    Jpayne likes this.
    "I do not wish to be a pawn or canon fodder on the whims of MY Government"

northdude
    thanks for the replies I ended up going for the hornadys again hope I don't get the same problem again. I usualy weigh a projectile first before I do powder to see if they are reading ok before I start

northdude
    cool I got a thrower and use the same procedure as you do