Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree7Likes
  • 1 Post By tetawa
  • 1 Post By YosemiteSam
  • 2 Post By matagouri
  • 1 Post By johnd
  • 1 Post By Gibo
  • 1 Post By Marty Henry

Thread: Shipping powder not allowed?

Shipping powder not allowed?

I just found out I can't order the AR2225 powder I want through Gun City. They won't ship my powder to Dunedin (though obviously get plenty of other powders to Dunedin somehow).

Any advice on how we people who aren't in big cities can get the powder we want in the future?

Ask on here if someone travelling your way can help, it's tough with powder, understand one wholesaler delivers to retailers every few months. The retailer has to gaze into his crystal ball and "guess" what his customers require.
    YosemiteSam likes this.

But you can still post primers. Its transport regulations, in a private vehicle you can carry gas bottles, petrol, pool chlorine, rat poison, and ammunition together with groceries in the boot. Do it for "hire or reward" and h&s, dangerous goods, road transport regs mean you cant. It will only get worse too

Gun City should stop advertising it on their website if you can't order it. But that's just one of many problems with GC I guess.
    outlander likes this.

Was on Steves Wholesale website before and looks like their doing a powder run to the south island, early june was stated. Maybe you could contact them for details...
    YosemiteSam and dannyb like this.

If you can organise it within the forum its a cool way to meet other members. Imagine the trades and swaps and deliveries that will happen at an event like the Toby Memorial.
    dannyb likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by johnd View Post
    If you can organise it within the forum its a cool way to meet other members. Imagine the trades and swaps and deliveries that will happen at an event like the Toby Memorial.
    Plenty of verbal trades
    Shootm likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Marty Henry View Post
    But you can still post primers. Its transport regulations, in a private vehicle you can carry gas bottles, petrol, pool chlorine, rat poison, and ammunition together with groceries in the boot. Do it for "hire or reward" and h&s, dangerous goods, road transport regs mean you cant. It will only get worse too
    Are you sure about the primers still be allowed to be shipped @Marty Henry ? Or is that with certain couriers? I see a few lots for sale on TM and they are going for "pick up only"

I got 1000 small rifle ones in the post back in feb from a retailer.
    johnd likes this.

The Original Striker
    Have you tried chem couriers/mainfreight? ring and ask, last time it was- msds, signed dg form and off it goes
    Bigger Better Faster Stronger
    Handle the Jandle, or get off the Beach

The Original Striker

Quote Originally Posted by YosemiteSam View Post
    Gun City should stop advertising it on their website if you can't order it. But that's just one of many problems with GC I guess.
    Gun City can have its moments like every other gunshop, but honestly it's a little on the bitchy side to have a go at them because the customer appears to be thicker than a concrete block. The customer needs to actually READ the Words in the advertisement, not just look at the pretty pictures.

Just look at the GC website for the said item, and it clearly states......"Due to Courier companies no longer accepting gun powder or primers, these items will only available for pick up in store"...g

I mean honestly, whose at fault in this instance, and it's not GC. No dealers are shipping powder or primers, and if they are, there doing so unlawfully.