Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By dedubyah
  • 1 Post By zimmer

Thread: Swiss 7.5 dies

Swiss 7.5 dies

Tried the buy/sell but listings turn over so fast there I thought that I would post up on here and see if anyone has some dies available.

Sorry, only got an RCBS 7.65x53 Belgium 2 die fl set I used twice. The odd cal ies can be quite expensive. PM me if your interested.

Got my rcbs of Ebay.

Quote Originally Posted by dedubyah View Post
    Tried the buy/sell but listings turn over so fast there I thought that I would post up on here and see if anyone has some dies available.
    That model Schmidt Rubin do you have there are two different sets of dies the early rifles up to the 1911 are 7.5 Swiss and the K31 has it's own set the difference is in the shoulder
    the 7.5 Swiss dies will over work the shoulder on the K31 fired brass not a real problem just makes resizing hard work, Hornady makes both sets not sure about the other die companies.

Of them all Redding make the only correctly dimensioned dies for the 7.5x55 SR (assuming you have a K31). That info was from a Swiss K31 forum.

I have the Redding and also a Lee Collet set. Reloaders did stock the Lee set but I cannot see them listed now.
    Only issue with the Lee Collet set is you get the collet die and a seater, no FLS die.
    I have gone 3 reloads b4 needing to FLS.
    Bought my Lee set ex US from Titan Reloading.

Got a set of Reddings from Workshop Innovation, cant be arsed getting them from the US, would rather support local businesses
    Steelisreal likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by dedubyah View Post
    Got a set of Reddings from Workshop Innovation, cant be arsed getting them from the US, would rather support local businesses
    Right now Robert's deal, even at his excruciating price, is far better than any USA deal. Best to buy local also b4 they have to restock at the battered xchange rate.
    Been stocking up on projectiles.
    dedubyah likes this.