Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Pnumatix

Thread: tikka owners

tikka owners

this is a call to all tikka owners that are reloading

what AOL do your tikkas love????

currently in load development stage with some hornady 308 bthp match projectiles
    and seems AOL has a big affect on them

Ejected
    Quote Originally Posted by longrange308 View Post
    this is a call to all tikka owners that are reloading

what AOL do your tikkas love????

currently in load development stage with some hornady 308 bthp match projectiles
    and seems AOL has a big affect on them
    Start with the projectile 20thou from the lands is the standard recommendation for any projectile. Experiment from there. I would have thought that you would need a long action mag to seat them far out enough to touch the lands.

didnt think i would get to the lands and still get in the mag but they do
    trying some there and working back 30 tho or so with a couple of powder weights
    to find one that will go in the same hole

Tikkas dont seem to care if the pills touching or not. There is a technical reason but just got back from being bush for a few days and cant think of it. People get overexcitied about making pills touch the lands, I just load to mag length and chuck some powder in, one of mine does .3" groups with a 4.5mm jump

i have a couple of hunting loads ( one that was laoded 25+ years ago ) that do the same thing
    but these 178 bthp pills are another story , carried out the 100m test then loaded some more to test at 200m ,went from a 6mm hole to a 6inch group
    which is why i asked about the AOL , will hopefully test the lot i have loaded this weekend to see how much it affects them
    possibly my tikka mite not like the 178s

I have a 6.5x55 suppressed tikka and i use reloader22, 51gn with Norma 120gn ballistic tips and this load is very accurate!!!

Squashed like a Flea
    G'Day Fella's,

Also, if and or when your plastic T3 (& I think 595 & 695?) bolt shrouds break, get a Steel replacement from;
    LUMLEY ARMS - CNC machined DBM triggerguards and floorplates made from billet 316 stainless and 4140 nitrided steel. Accepts all accuracy international AICS type magazines.

Hope that helps

Doh!
    Homer

260 REM 129 grain Hornady interlocs 44 grains AR2209 in a Remington case and Winchester LR primers
    length to fit mag 13mm groups doing 2700fps

thought i would give an update
    got out to test my 178 hornady match projectiles today
    my tikka ctr likes them 10tho form the lands

The only projectiles that I had to play with seating depth to get to shoot were bergers. Can't remember exactly how far off the lands they were though. Something around 60 thou?

I've got four T3 lites. The only one that is at all fussy on seating depth is a 7mmRM, and then only with bergers and amaxes. The rest (223rem, 243win and 308win) don't seem to mind mag length or 20 thou jump. The 7mmRM ended up with SST 164s with 100 thou jump and will shoot all day at .3 moa if I do my bit. They all shoot factory ammo under 1 moa like every other T3 and my handloads under 0.5 moa
    onslaught5012 likes this.