Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By 10-Ring

Thread: TMKs in 308

TMKs in 308

Hey Folks!

Keen to hear people's experiences of those running TMK's in 308s on deer from up close to 500?

Their my go to round in my 284 which is devastating on deer but wanted to see people's experiences using them out of a 308?

Any info much appreciated !

Huk
    Using the 155 in my 16in only shot Sika out to 200 kill bloody good big exit hole,have shot out to 550 at rocks n pieces of pumice so are accurate at that using 48 2206h dont know how fast but use 2700 on strelok

Quote Originally Posted by Huk View Post
    Using the 155 in my 16in only shot Sika out to 200 kill bloody good big exit hole,have shot out to 550 at rocks n pieces of pumice so are accurate at that using 48 2206h dont know how fast but use 2700 on strelok
    Hmmm

Big exit wounds seems to be the common theme for that projectile!

Shot a fallow on the run at about 100ish on the weekend, went in 4th rib behind the right shoulder raking shot and exited out the left shoulder on the bum end.

Exit wound the size of my fist!

Gone But Not Forgotten
    Quote Originally Posted by Huk View Post
    2 grs over ADI recommended max; that would be an extremely hot load in some rifles. Just saying in case someone tries it without gradually working up.
    Flyblown likes this.

Im running the 175gr TMKs exclusively in my .308win and they do it all.

Quote Originally Posted by 10-Ring View Post
    2 grs over ADI recommended max; that would be an extremely hot load in some rifles. Just saying in case someone tries it without gradually working up.
    Agreed you've gotta be careful with the faster 2206H. I found pressure very abruptly with mine and ended up going back to 2208. @Huk would be interested to see a close up photo of your case heads mate.
    Just...say...the...word

Huk
    @Flyblown you will have to give me a cell number cause Im f***ed if I can post pics

Quote Originally Posted by Rock river arms hunter View Post
    Hey Folks!

Keen to hear people's experiences of those running TMK's in 308s on deer from up close to 500?

Their my go to round in my 284 which is devastating on deer but wanted to see people's experiences using them out of a 308?

Any info much appreciated !
    Hi mate... if be really interested in your 284 load if you could PM me perhaps?
    Ta!
    Ubique.
    Once divided, always conquered.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerardo View Post
    Hi mate... if be really interested in your 284 load if you could PM me perhaps?
    Ta!
    Pm on its way mate

any one running the 30cal 168 TMK's ? Thinking of trying these out of 308 with 18 - 20 inch bbl