Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree7Likes
  • 1 Post By northdude
  • 1 Post By northdude
  • 1 Post By poc30
  • 2 Post By outdoorlad
  • 1 Post By Micky Duck
  • 1 Post By northdude

Thread: Tools for case prep

Tools for case prep

Hi everyone, after putting together a reloading set up bit by bit I've got to the stage where I need the little stuff, e.g. chamfer tools, primer pocket tools, flash hole deburrer etc. I assume most stuff is much of a muchness but keen to hear what people use and recommend or any good kits to buy. Cheers

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Name:  61HuStKhAmL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
Views: 232
Size:  59.9 KB

Name:  l1.jpg
Views: 181
Size:  5.7 KB

These. Also Lyman Case tumbler.
    RIP Harry F. 29/04/20

northdude
    it depends how fast you want to prep and how many different cals your reloading for some people want to do it as fast as possible so they dont miss to much tv etc i do my prep by hand if your doing standard cals you can use the lee trimmers and they are pretty inexpencive i use them for most of my cals ive also got a lee case neck deburer youll need one after youve trimmed to length as the case mouth gets a bur on it then i use a flash hole uniformer de burer i also have a trimmer similar to the one above for wildcat cases that you cant get a pilot for in the lee set and last ive got one of those vibrator case tumblers that you put corn media in they all work fine for what i do other than that you lkking a all kinds of machines to do the same thing
    Gruff likes this.

Cheers for the replies, only load for a couple of calibres currently and have the Lee trimmers so case length is pretty sorted but the other stuff looks good

northdude
    dont get tied up in all the gimmicky stuff you just need to load consistant loads the biggest waste of time and money piece of shit thing ive bought was a gen6 lyman i think it is powder dispenser scales thing fukn piece of shit
    poc30 likes this.

Got a good older set of 505 scales that seem to be consistent, plenty good enough for what I do currently

northdude likes this.

Some steel wool for cleaning necks up, small flat blade screw for scrapping primer pockets and a chamber/deburr tool, nylon cleaning brush for inside necks, done
    Micky Duck and poc30 like this.
    Shut up, get out & start pushing!

you useing lee case length tool...so while its still in base bit in cordless drill...debur and champher then if case a bit dull use steel wool or green choreboy pad to give it a bita bling again... quick clean of pocket with screwdriver/nail and away you go.
    poc30 likes this.

northdude
    actually another thing that i use a bit more now that the eyes are not as good as they use to be is a good manifying glass if i spot something that looks a bit sus
    poc30 likes this.

R93
    Quote Originally Posted by northdude View Post
    dont get tied up in all the gimmicky stuff you just need to load consistant loads the biggest waste of time and money piece of shit thing ive bought was a gen6 lyman i think it is powder dispenser scales thing fukn piece of shit
    Have you still got it?

Do what ya want! Ya will anyway.

northdude
    yep