Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By Kiwi Sapper

Thread: Trailboss for 12g

Trailboss for 12g

Hi all.
    Im wondering if anyone would have any load data for trailboss for 12gauge? Using Win aa,win 209 and waa12.im out of shotgun powder and see that people use trailboss (which i have) but i cant find any trustworthy data anywhere. Any help would be much appreciated.

Yes very true.probably not ideal,but i see people do do it.i dont load rifle so the trailboss is no use to me otherwise.
    Always worth asking.

I'm sure you know that Trail Boss was designed for pistol and rifle loads. The one thing they do warn about is compressing the powder. That is a no no. It breaks the donuts up and causes a quick spike in pressure. I found the following at this link

ttps://tinyurl.com/yjzjt8he

Follow the link and decide for yourself.......and as with all "Off label" uses, try the smaller quantity first.

"I have been trying Trail Boss in 12 GA. shot shells and it works well for me.

2-3/4" win AA Hulls
    7/8 or 1 oz, WAA12SL wad, 14.00 Gr. Trail Boss, extra light recoil & a clean burn.
    7/8 or 1 oz, WAA12SL wad, 15.00 Gr. Trail Boss, very light recoil & a clean burn.
    7/8 or 1 oz, WAA12SL wad, 16.00 Gr. Trail Boss, light recoil & a clean burn.
    7/8 or 1 oz, WAA12SL wad, 17.00 Gr. Trail Boss, medium recoil & a clean burn.
    7/8 or 1 oz, WAA12SL wad, 18.00 Gr. Trail Boss, medium recoil & a clean burn, case is full and this load does not have enough pressure or recoil to operate my Mossberg 930.
    Micky Duck and Kiwilad2021 like this.

Great thanks for that.i think i may just try swap it for something more useful just be safe but very much appreciated.
    Cheers