Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By janleroux
  • 1 Post By Micky Duck

Thread: Using zero reset?

Using zero reset?

My elite 4500 bushnell has zero reset turrets.

The manual show show to reset the turret back to zero but doesn't delve into why you would want to.

The threads I read online had so e differing opinions. Some said it was a zero stop and other said that it was an easy way to dial up as it locked the turret into 1 inch adjustments.

I was very confused and frustrated with the point of aim adjustment rather than point of impact. So I didn't think that dial up would be of use in a hunting scenario as be more likely to adjust the wrong way.

Any ideas?

My take on it:

Zero stop should be that you can not dial back down below zero if you dialed up after compensating for a point of impact change over a long distance.

Zero reset means that after you zero’d your rifle you can get the turret “0” to allign with zero line indicators again. So if you made any changes in the field that you can get back to your original zero again.

Not sure what reticle you have, but I guess you will only use the zero reset if you are going to shoot further out (or dial for more wind) than the hashmarks on your scope allow for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Moa Hunter likes this.
    What you see, is what you get!

Quote Originally Posted by janleroux View Post
    My take on it:

Zero stop should be that you can not dial back down below zero if you dialed up after compensating for a point of impact change over a long distance.

Zero reset means that after you zero’d your rifle you can get the turret “0” to allign with zero line indicators again. So if you made any changes in the field that you can get back to your original zero again.

Not sure what reticle you have, but I guess you will only use the zero reset if you are going to shoot further out (or dial for more wind) than the hashmarks on your scope allow for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It's a DOA 600. Bdc reticle.

I don't think it has any windage dots on the reticle from memory.

Cheers.

I think they have re settable turrets but no zerostop. they are a capped turret?

I THINK theory is you sight rifle in to be say 75mm/3'' high at hundy and then set your dial to zero by unscrewing screws and moving dials around...something along those lines... then you can twiddle n fiddle for longer range/windage and then simply dial it back to preset zero WITHOUT having to remember how far you twiddled n fiddled....
    superdiver likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by blair993 View Post
    I think they have re settable turrets but no zerostop. they are a capped turret?
    I think it is not a ball bearing like leupold scopes. This is one where you unscrew the top of the turret. Turn the turret til it's inline with the zero mark. Tighten and put top of turret back on.

Quote Originally Posted by Micky Duck View Post
    I THINK theory is you sight rifle in to be say 75mm/3'' high at hundy and then set your dial to zero by unscrewing screws and moving dials around...something along those lines... then you can twiddle n fiddle for longer range/windage and then simply dial it back to preset zero WITHOUT having to remember how far you twiddled n fiddled....
    I think so too. I'll have another look for more info. If it is useful for dial up I'll try it at the range