Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Where to purchase GD 503 Electronic weighing scale?

Where to purchase GD 503 Electronic weighing scale?

Have been toying with the idea of pouring more $ into this sport and am sure that the above mentioned scale would made a quantum leap forward for my reloading ( try convincing the misses about that! ). With our $ so stronge, I think the time is right for the picking. So far, google search only found US company that do not even ship To Alaska and Hawaii so NZ is out of the question. Most grateful if someone can point me to the right direction. Thanks.

DAF
    balances.com is the only place I know of
    HTH
    "Such is life..." - Ned Kelly

Quote Originally Posted by DAF View Post
    balances.com is the only place I know of
    HTH
    Thanks.

The GD 503 is an absolutely superb scale. It would be hard to go back to any other now. It holds zero - for ever! No worries about zero having wandered while you're trickling up. That magnetic force restoration system is fail safe, and the only one reloading scales should be made of, if it wasn't for the price.
    Combined with the Dandy vibratory trickler, its the best system we've ever used. The charge masters are redundant now, this system is so quick and absolutely accurate.
    Greg

dont know if you wanna go down this track ?????
    but i just got one of these recently works mint for me
    Lyman Products Your Primary Source for Reloading Equipment
    BURN BABY BURN
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

Am I right in thinking these are around US $1000? Could be a looooooooong time before my NZ $520 chargemaster is redundant.
    "You'll never find a rainbow if you're looking down" Charlie Chaplin

DAF
    Yea they are about $900.00 USD plus freight and Gst
    they are crazy accurate and I have seen how much my chargemaster does actually vary loads

Yeah the charge master will give some small variances but how significant is it in real terms? has any one tried shooting significant numbers with no other variants to see if there is actually a bennifit in keeping charge weights within tiny tollerances? I dont shoot compitition but for my personal use Im more than happy with the results from the CM.
    "You'll never find a rainbow if you're looking down" Charlie Chaplin

Do you remember what sort of dollars the freight was DAF?

DAF
    Quote Originally Posted by Proudkiwi View Post
    Do you remember what sort of dollars the freight was DAF?
    About $85 but was delivered in 3 days

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Duley View Post
    The GD 503 is an absolutely superb scale. It would be hard to go back to any other now. It holds zero - for ever! No worries about zero having wandered while you're trickling up. That magnetic force restoration system is fail safe, and the only one reloading scales should be made of, if it wasn't for the price.
    Combined with the Dandy vibratory trickler, its the best system we've ever used. The charge masters are redundant now, this system is so quick and absolutely accurate.
    Greg
    Do you have a link to this vibratory trickler Greg? Thinking the above would be a good early birthday present to myself

DAF
    Quote Originally Posted by Proudkiwi View Post
    Do you have a link to this vibratory trickler Greg? Thinking the above would be a good early birthday present to myself
    They are excellent, link below
    Dandy Products Omega Powder Trickler - Sinclair Intl

Ta

R93
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Duley View Post
    Greg
    Do you see a notable diference in ES and SD's that would make this scale worth it? Provideing all other prep is meticulous I would think a consistant single figure ES would impress me.
    Do what ya want! Ya will anyway.

Seems hard to believe that its faster than a chargemaster, and even if it is, it certainly cant be easier?

Looks like a huge gap in the high end market that a manufacturer could come up with a simple yet extremely accurate solution.

For me, its probably not worth the time, effort and cost to go from a chargemaster to this system, but man, it would sure narrow down the variables in a high power load in a high end rifle.

Chris