Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Who is the reloading guru on this Forum

Who is the reloading guru on this Forum

Who is the reloading guru on this Forum?
    The man with all the experience and answers

Caretaker
    There is a wealth of knowledge represented by the members of this forum.
    Write up a detailed reloading question and you will get the information you require
    steven and PERRISCICABA like this.
    A big fast bullet beats a little fast bullet every time

A nice diplomatic answer there sir.
    PERRISCICABA likes this.
    Forgotmaboltagain+1

The dude who rolls his own and has proof on the deck what it does. Everyone shares their info free of charge.
    PERRISCICABA likes this.

thanx for the diplomatic answer well said.

let me put it this way , is anybody offering reloading courses ?
    Pengy and PERRISCICABA like this.

northdude
    reloaders does them I think

So as I keep saying from time to time in the forum... "Yes, we do have a bunch of great people in here".

Going back to the point, dear @Breyt, welcome to the amazing world of reloading, where you think you know something and you find out you actually don't, but, the results achieved and challenges are fantastic and accelerating.
    As mention previously, "many if not most" the people in here do reload, saying it, in your case I will give you "MY" opinion. Enter this world with open mind, the things you will see and learn are amazing but people have different conception and ways to do things, as "I" have done, I watch many, many videos on YouTube about reloading but the best I was privileged was to have a special "person" at the time to take me under his wing to teach me, since then I everyday learn a bit more about reloading.
    Contact Reloaders and they will put you on track, join your NZDA branch or the shooting club(or just hang out with those people) make "more" friends with the same interest and learn from each individual possible the way they do it (if you not already done it), find what kind of reloading you are looking for, such as, just hunting, target shooting, target competition, bench rest, etc so you can focus in how "anal" you can get (I couldn't stick with only simple accurate hunting loads, I start to get all "precision" to shoot paper at 100mts and buying expensive reloading gear), put ALWAYS safety first and enjoy the heaps more shooting you will do.

I am sorry for the long message I get well "exited" when talking about reloading.

Mac
    steven likes this.

ebf
    @Breyt, did you not have national colours for benchrest or some type of target shooting in RSA ?

Would have expected you to know a bit about reloading in that case.

Or are you doing some market research ?

If you have an actual question, ask away...
    Viva la Howa ! R.I.P. Toby | Black rifles matter... | #illegitimate_ute

well said from perrisci .......caba ..... ??? jesus your forum name is long . ... anyway , I load for quantity as opposed to full on accuracy , so my methods while similer in its basic principal will be different to a bench rest shooter , or similer , I just load to make the firearm cycle and reload the next round as quick as I can .... if you come down to wgtn I will show you how to load for that kind of shooting , either on a progressive , or a single stage ....
    PERRISCICABA likes this.
    NO MATTER HOW MUCH IT HURTS, HOW DARK IT GETS OR HOW FAR YOU FALL , .....
    YOU ARE NEVER OUT OF THE FIGHT . (Marcus Luttrell)

Thanks Mac

I will go see Scott at reloaders. I have done all that you mentioned already. I'm not new to reloading been doing it anal for 20 years. Replaced plenty of barrels on different calibers.

Cheers
    Hennie
    PERRISCICABA likes this.

H
    Quote Originally Posted by Breyt View Post
    Thanks Mac

I will go see Scott at reloaders. I have done all that you mentioned already. I'm not new to reloading been doing it anal for 20 years. Replaced plenty of barrels on different calibers.

Cheers
    Hennie
    Living and learning!
    As I said, you never know what will come next, @Breyt you and @ebf teaching me another lesson, giving advise to a master of reloading and shooting. HAhaha.
    Anyway, hope somehow I did help and from here I may learn something more.
    About my "forum name" @stumpy I will/would change it if an option was available to just "Perris"

Cheers everyone!

thanx for the diplomatic answer well said.

let me put it this way , is anybody offering reloading courses ?
    Many target rifle clubs help their members for free. most? with one on one training.

My first suggestion is do what I did and spend hours watching reloading videos on youtube so you have a depth of background of the subject.

the three best series I have found are ammosmith, iraqveteran888 and hickok45.

If anyone has more suggestions I will happily watch those.

The second and biggest thing is why you want to do it as you will need to spend the best part of $1000 for kit to get good value from it, if you shoot 1000+ rounds a year then its economic, 50 rounds, no.
    PERRISCICABA likes this.
    "I do not wish to be a pawn or canon fodder on the whims of MY Government"

Quote Originally Posted by steven View Post
    Many target rifle clubs help their members for free. most? with one on one training.

My first suggestion is do what I did and spend hours watching reloading videos on youtube so you have a depth of background of the subject.

the three best series I have found are ammosmith, iraqveteran888 and hickok45.

If anyone has more suggestions I will happily watch those.

The second and biggest thing is why you want to do it as you will need to spend the best part of $1000 for kit to get good value from it, if you shoot 1000+ rounds a year then its economic, 50 rounds, no.
    I got all my gear (RCBS JR3, Lymann 55 thrower, Redding scales, lube pads, lube, funnels, priming tools, dies, spares, spare pistol powder thrower, a great big pile of consumables) for $300. If you have an idea of what you're after and you're patient, then there's no reason to buy new.. Then maybe buy a new Dillon later on once the basics are learnt?

Thanks Mac

Cheers
    Hennie
    LoLz
    R93 and Spudattack like this.

Lovin Facebook for hunters kiwijames's Avatar
    Who is the reloading guru on this Forum?
    The man with all the experience and answers
    @Toby. Hes a reloading guru. He knows how to get stuck cases out now too.
    R93, Toby and PERRISCICABA like this.
    The range of what we think and do is limited by what we fail to notice. And because we fail to notice that we fail to notice, there is little we can do to change; until we notice how failing to notice shapes our thoughts and deeds