Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

WTB: Kilwell Whisper 37.5gr .22lr Subs

It seems Kilwell have screwed me over and stopped making the most accurate ammo in my rifle and replaced it with rebranded Winchester subs.

Just thought I would do a scrounge and see if anyone had any left that they would be willing to part with or know where some may be lurking?
    "Here's the deal I'm the best there is. Plain and simple. I wake up in the morning and I piss excellence."

Gunworks Canterbury have this in stock. I purchased sum as they reckon very good reviews. I sincerely hope I don't find they are great and no longer avail ��. Cheers

I also have the Kilwell whisper in stock. Both Gunworks and us have issues shipping ammo from Chch to the north Island as they classify it as Dangerous goods. I have around 9 bricks left and if you wanted a bulk deal and can find a way of getting it to you I am sure I can work out a pretty good price. I can get it to picton as I travel that way from time to time, but that bit of water in the middle is a pain. I am hoping to head up to Warkworth later in the year so if you are not in a hurry, I might be able to arrange something then. I will be driving up rather than flying this time. PM me if this works for you.

Quote Originally Posted by timattalon View Post
    I also have the Kilwell whisper in stock. Both Gunworks and us have issues shipping ammo from Chch to the north Island as they classify it as Dangerous goods. I have around 9 bricks left and if you wanted a bulk deal and can find a way of getting it to you I am sure I can work out a pretty good price. I can get it to picton as I travel that way from time to time, but that bit of water in the middle is a pain. I am hoping to head up to Warkworth later in the year so if you are not in a hurry, I might be able to arrange something then. I will be driving up rather than flying this time. PM me if this works for you.
    Wow, thought it was all long gone!

Is it the 37.5gr killwell whisper in the light blue box? That is the one I am after, not the 40gr in the grey box which is just rebranded Winchester subs.

If that is the one I would be keen to take a couple of bricks off you, more than happy to wait if shipping is an issue!

Cheers Tim!
    "Here's the deal I'm the best there is. Plain and simple. I wake up in the morning and I piss excellence."

I thought the 37.5 were rebranded Winchester as well? I'm sure I used to get 37.5gr Win subs in a blue box, unless my memory is going.

WTB: Kilwell Whisper 37.5gr .22lr Subs

They were made by Winchester for killwell, but were 37.5gr instead of 40gr which is the standard Winchester sub, so they had Winchester cases but lighter projectiles.

I have never seen 37.5 win subs but I too may be wrong!

Unfortunately my CZ hates the 40gr but will put 10 of the 37.5gr through one ragged hole at 50m, I actually used them for f class at deerstalkers club shoots, was great as i didn't have to change ammo for small game.
    Now I use cci standard for target and cci subs for hunting but neither is as accurate as the killwell was and they shoot to different poi so have to rezero all the time!

Quote Originally Posted by Spudattack View Post
    It seems Kilwell have screwed me over and stopped making the most accurate ammo in my rifle and replaced it with rebranded Winchester subs.

Just thought I would do a scrounge and see if anyone had any left that they would be willing to part with or know where some may be lurking?
    Ha ha I caught wind of them changing plus also some reports of the "new improved" Kilwell not performing as well as the old. Was able to stock up some of the old b4 it disappeared. Got mine at Wilsons in Wanganui. May still be worth a try. The old Kilwell is superb in one of my 22s hence the effort to get some of the old lot. And b4 everyone tells me about better subs I have a reasonable selection of brands and Kilwell light blue hit the nail on the head in that particular rifle.