Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Zastava M70 Trigger Adjustment

Zastava M70 Trigger Adjustment

Hey all, I was looking for some time for information on adjusting the Zastava's trigger,
    As far as I understand this info is good for the M70 and M85 which both have the same adjustable trigger not the bog standard Mauser trigger.
    The trigger is called the Mark x trigger in the states if anyone wants to double check this.

There are two adjustment screws at the front of the trigger and two more at the back.

(1) Front of trigger, lower: Safety adj. screw....Used to compensate for wear in safety bolt ie. trigger slop with safety engaged. Adj. by turning screw CW until trigger movement is eliminated with safety on.

(2) Front of trigger, top: Adjusts weight of pull. Turn CCW to decrease trigger pull. Will adjust down to approx. 2lb pull.

(3) Rear of trigger, lower. Stop or overtravel adjustment. To adjust for minimum over travel. With bolt closed, striker in fired position. Turn CW all the way in, then back off 1/8th turn.

(4) Rear of trigger, top. Sear engagement adjustment screw. To adjust for minimum sear engagement: Bolt closed, action cocked. Safety off, empty chamber (or dummy round). Turn adj. CW ubtil sear releases, then back off 1/4 turn.

After doing any trigger adjustments, slam the bolt home a few times to check for striker fall and add more sear miss-engagement. You might want to bounce the butt on the ground a few times also.

I got this info from a forum about the Remington 798 which is the same gun.
    The guy who posted it got it from "Bolt Action Rifles" by Frank de Haas

I hope this helps any guys looking like I was.

And remember if you don't fell confident mucking with the trigger, just don't touch it, take it to a gunsmith.
    Cheers
    gadgetman likes this.

Thanks. I'm filing this one away.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

legend... thanks Will, this will be useful.....

what sort of accuracy are you getting from the zastava m70?
    Got mine couple of weeks ago, waiting on a scope to arrive. so haven't fired it yet.

Out of the box with cast rounds it was around 1.5MOA, with spitzers it was around 1MOA and just under.
    Did you get it with the plastic stock? I had to trim a bit out of the barrel channel of the bat as it was touching the barrel.
    I'll let you know how it turns out after my stock stabilizer and bedding compounds arrive.

Plastic.
    I've noticed I have the same on my stock. at the tip of the forehand it touches the barrel on one side more than the other. Other than that you can slide a note all the way to the action.

I took the Zastava out yesterday. Shooting Remington Express Corelokt 150gr. I got down to 2 inches at 100m....
    First time firing a big calibre so I was a bit excited. I think the factory trigger pull is a bit stiff too...

If I start thinking extensively, a 2inch with factory loads, inexperienced shooter and heavy trigger. Then what would I get with a hand-loads, bit of practice and some trigger adjustment.
    I don't think I will fiddle around with any of the stock, bedding or anything. Bit of practice and I'm off deer shooting when I can.

Quite happy so far with the Zastava...

Couple of photos...
    Name:  Target 2.jpg
Views: 4535
Size:  81.5 KBName:  Target 1.jpg
Views: 4687
Size:  62.3 KB

Minute of deer as it is
    Petros_mk likes this.
    VIVA LA HOWA

Did the red one go faster?
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone

nah... I had only 6 shots left. So I fired 2 at each target and gave my father 1 round on each target.

Good enough for deer.
    Probably shoots better than that both of your Dads shots are left of yours if you had shot the third quite probably would have been in with the other two.

Sent from my GT-S5360T using Tapatalk 2
    Toby likes this.
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

Quote Originally Posted by veitnamcam View Post
    Good enough for deer.
    Probably shoots better than that both of your Dads shots are left of yours if you had shot the third quite probably would have been in with the other two.

Sent from my GT-S5360T using Tapatalk 2
    That's exactly what I thought when he said about his dad shooting
    VIVA LA HOWA

Like all rifles they can be fussy but Brian got his 7mm rem mag shooting a tiny clover leaf with 160 Barnes and H1000. You just need to persevere to find the right load.

I've just finished stabilizing the fore end on mine now, the next step is to bed it. but I agree, it is good for deer hunting right out of the box.

Progress Photos Will... Progress Photos? Where are they?

I found mine improved when it was suppressed. The plastic stock is very flexible in the pistol grip and I suspect the reduction in recoil cut back the amount it flexed.
    Petros_mk likes this.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!