Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Anyone else having problems with finding properties for shooting possums?

What got me thinking was a comment from a farmer in the farming section of TM who boasted he has x amount of acres he wants you to pay him to shoot pigs and deer (which is fully understandable) but under no certain terms are you to shoot the possums because of what the fur is worth now that I find weird as when the price was down they used to happily let you go and knock off a few jackos but now the price is up they seem to want to keep them for themselves when originally they could not be fucked going out to shoot them and it is now starting to make me wonder if any of you guys are bumping in to the same issues regarding access to farms.
    RULE 4: IDENTIFY YOUR TARGET BEYOND ALL DOUBT

To be a Human is to be an Alien, ask the animals, We invade this world and we are killing it, we are destroying the earth and nobody gives a fuck except for the animals

We lucky here no goats or pigs.But once the neighbouring farms start the lambing beat it will be over here.Which I totaly agree.
    Got any calves yet hunter308 ? The shits about too hit the fan here got 3 cows in now.

Slightly off topic was talking too a chick from Holland the other night and I told her we starting too get busy with calving.
    Her answer was is that something to do with sheeps

Dundee I gave a months notice at my last job so I had time to find another job for a june 1 start out of fairness on my boss got 4 days notice to pack up and move out a week later because they had replaced me so left me with nowhere to live for a week or two reslting in my shit being kept in my mothers garage and my missus and I staying at mums for a bit till we could find a house to live in, I still had to work as well as pack in that 4 day period so I am not going to go back into it in case I get shat on again especially when I work my arse off only to get treated like that. As much as I enjoy farming I have had my fingers burnt one too many times.
    RULE 4: IDENTIFY YOUR TARGET BEYOND ALL DOUBT

To be a Human is to be an Alien, ask the animals, We invade this world and we are killing it, we are destroying the earth and nobody gives a fuck except for the animals