Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree16Likes
  • 4 Post By PillowDribbler
  • 4 Post By Ryan_Songhurst
  • 1 Post By time out
  • 1 Post By Ryan_Songhurst
  • 1 Post By PillowDribbler
  • 1 Post By Micky Duck
  • 2 Post By Flyblown
  • 2 Post By Ryan_Songhurst

Thread: I'm Ready

I'm Ready

Trap maintenance for when these tree's start masturbating.Name:  20190110_161607.jpg
Views: 433
Size:  7.83 MB
    Sparrow, ROKTOY, kukuwai and 1 others like this.

You have lost me about the trees masturbating PD - but you are right - the Victors need a bit of maintenance - I just took to some yesterday with a wire brush and gave them a squirt of Prolan
    I don’t use the shroud on the Victor - I don’t care where the kill bar hits them - mostly they are dead in the trap or nearby
    Biggest problem right now is trying to get a rat to visit a trap or bait station - I checked about 40 this morning and just one manky rat in a Victor and no sign of bait being taken
    Last edited by time out; 15-01-2019 at 01:17 PM.

Walked a line of stoat traps the other day while out having a scout round, poked my nose in 7 of them and two had stoats
    Name:  20190113_155707.jpg
Views: 322
Size:  4.08 MB
    time out, Sparrow, kukuwai and 1 others like this.
    270 is a harmonic divisor number[1]
    270 is the fourth number that is divisible by its average integer divisor[2]
    270 is a practical number, by the second definition
    The sum of the coprime counts for the first 29 integers is 270
    270 is a sparsely totient number, the largest integer with 72 as its totient
    Given 6 elements, there are 270 square permutations[3]
    10! has 270 divisors
    270 is the smallest positive integer that has divisors ending by digits 1, 2, …, 9.

Nice looking trap box R_S - what sort is it? - do you have any other pics?
    Man - I would love to be getting stoats! - just put out 9 new boxes but only getting hogs - put some smoked trout in them this morning - hope that works - I will try anything cause they are around
    A guy down the end of our street got woken up 3am a few days back with a screaming noise on his lawn - he went out with his wife and found a ferret in his rabbit hutch - it killed one rabbit and was after the others - the guy attacked it through the netting with a garden stake - he hit it a few times but it escaped when he tried to grab it - I have put a cage and a doc250 down there but no luck so far - amazing to find a ferret in a residential street - but slightly rural
    Sparrow likes this.

Im not sure what type of box it is seems like a DOC trap line because of where it is. Saw a stoat the other day trying to creep up on a plover on the farm the wee bugger was way out in the middle of a grass paddock and I tried to chase him down on my motorbike but he was smarter and had a tighter turning circle than me
    time out likes this.
    10! has 270 divisors
    270 is the smallest positive integer that has divisors ending by digits 1, 2, …, 9.

The beech are having a seed mast year apparently. That grill would be worth more than the rest of the box.
    time out likes this.

on three diferent occasions Ive seen a stoat stalking a hare and following after it when it moved off...they must get them ocasionally or wouldnt bother trying.
    time out likes this.

@mickey Duck, at the block down the end of the road, me and the boys or the wife occasionally go and set up with our .22s looking down over an old warren that always holds rabbits. Twice in the last several years we've watched a stoat catch a rabbit, on both occasions the rabbit got away. The speed of the attack is unbelievable, just a blur, so is the noise. So they must fail quite a bit, the little bastards, but succeed every now and then.

The neighbour recently put in a new henhouse and made it catproof, but lost all the chicks. All of us down the road lent our traps to him and he eventually got the stoats, 4 or 5 of them I think.
    berg243 and dannyb like this.

My old man does quite a bit of pest control as part of his job so has a few stories to tell of things hes seen and one was a possum that he saw that was bumbling across a paddock and seemed to be injured, when he got closer he realised there was a stoat on its back riding it. Shot the possum and the stoat buggered off. When he went to inspect he realised the evil little bastard had chewed a hole in the possums back and was in the process of eating its kidneys while the poor bastard was running round trying to shake him off. Showed me a picture and its like a surgeon had cut out a perfect hole in the skin where the kidneys were and eaten through the fat/meat and was starting on a kidney.
    veitnamcam and dannyb like this.
    10! has 270 divisors