Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: Mynah birds

Mynah birds

Anyone have any town friendly idea's to get rid of mynah birds? Shotgunning the noisy f^%$ers is out and sold the air gun before I moved.

Lovin Facebook for hunters kiwijames's Avatar

Mynah birds

Can’t remember the name but there is the stuff you can feed to them that when they eat it they become paralysed. Non target birds etc come round later on and you just do what you need to do with the mynahs. Think Farmlands or similar sells it.
    The range of what we think and do is limited by what we fail to notice. And because we fail to notice that we fail to notice, there is little we can do to change; until we notice how failing to notice shapes our thoughts and deeds

Quote Originally Posted by kiwijames View Post
    Can’t remember the name but there is the stuff you can feed to them that when they eat it they become paralysed. Non target birds etc come round later on and you just do what you need to do with the mynahs. Think Farmlands or similar sells it.
    This is the stuff
    https://www.maintracgroup.com/produc...SABEgIZnPD_BwE
    Steve123 likes this.
    The range of what we think and do is limited by what we fail to notice. And because we fail to notice that we fail to notice, there is little we can do to change; until we notice how failing to notice shapes our thoughts and deeds

1080 crisps?
    sako75 and csmiffy like this.
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

Quote Originally Posted by Maca49 View Post
    1080 crisps?
    I'm down with the shotty but don't think the local plod would be. The bird roofies look the go though.
    Tommy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve123 View Post
    I'm down with the shotty but don't think the local plod would be. The bird roofies look the go though.
    Bird roofies
    Angus_A, Tommy and 300CALMAN like this.

Quote Originally Posted by kiwijames View Post
    Bird roofies
    Try them out, tell any prospective partner there kinda like wasabi peas but different lol
    Maca49 and 40mm like this.

Used to be able to get Alphchloralose wheat but the problem with that is you dong all the other birds as well. From memory if you get non target birds you can put them in a warm area and they should come round again.

Gone but not forgotten
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooseman View Post
    Used to be able to get Alphchloralose wheat but the problem with that is you dong all the other birds as well. From memory if you get non target birds you can put them in a warm area and they should come round again.
    When I was doing my poisons license many years ago we were told the birds go to sleep then generally die of hypothermia, so to collect any poisoned non-target birds and keep them warm til they recover.

Did you know that Mynah birds die when they have sex?

Well the one I fucked did.
    Angus_A, Tommy and systolic like this.
    Use enough gun

Gone but not forgotten
    I noticed a couple of weeks ago when i threw bread on the lawn the sparrows were straight into it, but the mynahs walked around it eyeing it up without touching it. I threw some more out today and some mynahs did eat some, so I expect prefeeding would be a good idea to get the suspicious buggers eating it before other birds scoff the lot.

I got a magpie trap to try to get magpies - but didn’t have much luck - still use it round home to catch hedgehogs - it works well and also catches mynah birds
    Tommy and rewa like this.

Tried the pre-feeding, Turns out mynah's don't like pea's.
    Run out of patience and got a C02 pistol from Hamils. Ranged the tree's the noisy fuckers were hanging out in and zero's pistol for that range.
    Next day shot the shit out wherever they perched in range. Got one which suprised me as I'd used a bit of gas zeroing it and 20m is probably stretching it's capability.
    Problem solved, and a new toy for the back yard. Now I need to figure out what to do with one and a half kilo of bird roofie peas.

Tried the pre-feeding, Turns out mynah's don't like pea's.
    Run out of patience and got a C02 pistol from Hamils. Ranged the tree's the noisy fuckers were hanging out in and zero's pistol for that range.
    Next day shot the shit out wherever they perched in range. Got one which suprised me as I'd used a bit of gas zeroing it and 20m is probably stretching it's capability.
    Problem solved, and a new toy for the back yard. Now I need to figure out what to do with one and a half kilo of bird roofie peas.
    How much did they cost?
    Identify your target beyond all doubt

Quote Originally Posted by 40mm View Post
    Did you know that Mynah birds die when they have sex?

Well the one I fucked did.
    Look man I think you're a bit confused.......................................... ..ah, never mind.
    rewa likes this.