Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: New .22lr scope

I just stuck a ar 4x18 on the 22 for shits and giggles and I rate it!
    My favorite sentences i like to hear are - I suppose so. and Send It!

I think a BDC reticle will be wasted on 22lr
    Happy and Spoon like this.
    Forgotmaboltagain+1

Ejected
    Quote Originally Posted by Pengy View Post
    I think a BDC reticle will be wasted on 22lr
    I would be curious, my m-223 nikon on my ar is fantastic and I think they do one for the 22 as well. M series generally rates higher than p series?

I ended up with a 3-9mil dot sightron on my 22. It's good fun

I really like Nikon scopes! They are my go to for a cheaper but still good quality scope.

I'n using the prostaff at the moment. Still haven't made up my mind about the circle system on the reticle, but the rest is good to use.

Get one of these.

Mueller APV 4.5–14×40 AO [MAPV451440] - $239.90 : NZHUNTER.COM, Online Shooting Supplies - Wholesale Prices

It'll get delivered quicker, no fooling around with customs and if there's a problem with it you pick up the phone and call Ken, aka Digit

I've used vari power scopes for the 22lr but I now like the fixed 4x32 scopes, keeps the weight down on them. Nikon do a cheapish one. I have no problem knocking off bunnies @100m with a no name scope on a bolt action Voere using subs.

Quote Originally Posted by Kscott View Post
    Get one of these.

Mueller APV 4.5–14×40 AO [MAPV451440] - $239.90 : NZHUNTER.COM, Online Shooting Supplies - Wholesale Prices

It'll get delivered quicker, no fooling around with customs and if there's a problem with it you pick up the phone and call Ken, aka Digit
    Digit has them on closing down sale special now
    Life is natures way of keeping meat fresh

Yup, now just $160 ! Amazing price.

I bought one of the Pride Fowler FFP scopes with a 22 RF reticle. Thought it would be a "cheap" way to try a FFP scope.

PRIDE FOWLER PFI Rapid-Reticle RR Evolution 3-12x42mm with Rapid Ranging .22LR Reticle (RRE001)

Optics look ok, but havnt shot it enough yet to make a call on whether its offers any benefit over SFP.

Quote Originally Posted by Eion View Post
    I really like Nikon scopes! They are my go to for a cheaper but still good quality scope.
    Agreed.
    I have a variety of them but one that's good for a .22 is the 2-7x32 Shotgun Prostaff. It's only a "shotgun" version in the sense that it has a 75yd parallax setting. I have a std 3-9 version on another rimfire and that's fine too.

As for the AR Bushnells, I got the 4.5-18 version for a fancy PCP and the optics on that are pretty damn good! Only negative is the rather thick BDC reticle but I still shot a maggie at 98yds the other day on 8X holding two dots up. The rimfire version should be pretty useful.

Leupy UL 2-7 rimfire...

perfect 22 scope

im a fan of the niko stirling laser king 3-9x40 for a hunting 22 they hold zero good and the optics are ok plenty good enough for hunting with a 22 and they have a built in laser which can be sighted independently from the scope meaning you can have the scope zeroed for 50yards and the lazer zeroed for 25 yards ok accuracy with the laser to I could hit a 50c coin every shot at 25 yards from the hip nice and quick if a bunny pops out

I have a Burris Fullfield scope on my silenced 22. I ended up having it spare so stuck it on.
    The BDC works well it's sighted at 60 yards with subs and I can hit steel plates easily out to 100m easily.

Some might say its overkill, but it's extremely clear pretty lightweight and the BDC is actually pretty useful.
    Sure the BDC doesn't do 100, 200, 300 yards, but it worked out to be 60, 70, 90 105 yards, which is pretty handy I find.