Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New farm

New farm

I'm off tonight to have a look around the new farm for what ever dwells here at night, I know during the day the place is infested with hares.
    The farm is in north otargo just south of the border, does anyone know if we would get any wallabies this far south?

Lucky bar stool.. Have fun
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

I don't think you'll get wallabies south of the Waitaki, at least they're not supposed to be there!

Caretaker - Gone But Not Forgotten jakewire's Avatar
    if you see one there will be a number irate cockies about this side of the river.
    good luck with the hares.
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

I hadn't noticed any wallaby shit anywhere hut then again i usually have work to do and sifting my fingers through shit isn't on my to do list. at least the wallabies aren't too far to drive if i want to pick some up.

Interesting, last night I saw almost no hares, I wonder if as they aren't hunted here they are just out during the day instead. Hundreds of possums and a hell of a lot of rabbits, even some wild cats. I might have to take my .22 on the quad from now on, and just pick off the hares while I'm working.

Caretaker - Gone But Not Forgotten jakewire's Avatar
    good stuff, plenty to go on with then.
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

P38
    Quote Originally Posted by William View Post
    I'm off tonight to have a look around the new farm for what ever dwells here at night, I know during the day the place is infested with hares.
    The farm is in north otargo just south of the border, does anyone know if we would get any wallabies this far south?
    Yes

You will definitely get Wallabies on your Farm ........... about three years after a release ahhh, errrr an accidental escape aided by a person or persons unknown illegally transporting said wallabies across your land without your knowledge or consent. .

Otherwise No!

Hare is bloody nice to eat too

Cheers
    Pete

Just scored another Taupo farm myself! Within 20 mins drive from my bach, so looking forward to a walk in the next week or so, keep the 17 hmr busy
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

Went out today to dump the possums down the dead hole and to have a bit of a look in the same area during the day, Yip, sure were a lot of hares running around under the hot sun. I might get the 223 out of hiding and do a bit of longer range hare hunting, where we are is rolling hills with steep grassy gullys, that is if the hawks don't beat me to the punch haha.

Ejected
    A chance of seeing wallaby. There is meant to be a good sized poison drop behind Kurow targeting them. Yes they are coming over the bridge on their own...

interesting, I wonder if they swum across or used the Kurow bridge haha.

Ejected
    The bridge, they have been seen on it.

they also been sighted on the wrong far side of benmore. Doc are meant to be getting after them with dogs. The ones on the south side on the river have been ignored from what I've heard. They are there.

One farm i shoot a lot of hares on they seem to disappear near dark and come back out after midnight(ish).