Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree49Likes

Thread: Pcp Rabbit work

Pcp Rabbit work

Out on a pest control job last night and chucked a couple of the clips together for a quick video, shot placement is absolutely key when using lower power and the first shot certainly nailed what was a pretty awkwardly presented Rabbit!

https://youtu.be/wfWwskz_B7c

Good watch mintie.
    Mintie likes this.
    Patience Is A Virtue

Sweet! How do you film it? does the scope link up to your phone or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Gibo View Post
    Sweet! How do you film it? does the scope link up to your phone or something?
    The scope takes a micro SD card and records straight to that, the scope does have WiFi to connect directly to my phone but I've heard it's a bit hit and miss so I don't bother.
    Gibo likes this.

Mario sound effect @0:42
    Mintie likes this.

Just brought a PCP three weeks ago and I am loving it, got rabbits plovers sparrows and parries.

Your videos are great put more when you can.
    Cordite likes this.

I bought a PCP off Mintie earlier this year and have decimated the local rabbit population on a small block. PCps are a lot fun and IMO a lot safer than subs in a .22. Ricochets seem very minimal and the knock down power and accuracy are outstanding
    Mintie and ripped undies like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Gfootey View Post
    I bought a PCP off Mintie earlier this year and have decimated the local rabbit population on a small block. PCps are a lot fun and IMO a lot safer than subs in a .22. Ricochets seem very minimal and the knock down power and accuracy are outstanding
    That was the .25 Lynx right? Funnily enough I've ended up with another Lynx now again, the 4th I have owned now I think! This one is in .22 and is doing a great job on Pukeko and Rabbit control.

There are 4 PCP rifles in my safe at the moment and each serves a slightly different purpose, I love them all!

Cometa Lynx and Pard Thermal on duty tonight, 2 of the 3 killed, all headshots at 60m.

Name:  20210825_201112.jpg
Views: 506
Size:  2.95 MB
    Trout, Gfootey, berg243 and 2 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mintie View Post
    That was the .25 Lynx right? Funnily enough I've ended up with another Lynx now again, the 4th I have owned now I think! This one is in .22 and is doing a great job on Pukeko and Rabbit control.

There are 4 PCP rifles in my safe at the moment and each serves a slightly different purpose, I love them all!
    Yes the .25 Cometa Lynx. Its been brilliant. The .25 sure has a lot of knockdown power on rabbits.
    Mintie likes this.

PCP with NV great combo @Mintie. Does the nv008 mount clamp onto dovetail aswell as picatinny or you need an adapter?

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
    Mintie likes this.

Hi Mintie,how many shots does yr air tank give and what poundish setting does it fire.

Some pretty neat footage.
    PCP's are very under rated by lots of shooters who've never tried them out. Highly effective and also very discreet and much safer than a rimfire especially when you don't want to annoy the neighbours.

I've had a .22 BSA Scorpion for years and it's been a brilliant little rifle. Interested to hear from anyone whose moved from a .22 to a .25 and if you noticed much difference in knockdown power on possums?

That is a wicked looking outfit. Do you mind giving us all your thoughts on be calibre for bunnies, best rigs, how much $$ and how far out you can shoot to with them.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hiawatha View Post
    That is a wicked looking outfit. Do you mind giving us all your thoughts on be calibre for bunnies, best rigs, how much $$ and how far out you can shoot to with them.

Thanks
    Loads of variables with PCP'S, I prefer .22 or .25 for rabbits and possums, bigger if you are going after goats etc. .177 is great on birds but on bigger stuff it tends to just poke a hole through things rather than dump energy. Most "fac level" .22s are running 20-30 fpe and if well setup and shooting a decent pellet should be accurate out to 80m or so, .25s are normally running 30-60fpe and a nice setup should be able to knock rabbits over at 120m+.

Some brands have good and bad models, most of the FX stuff is good but there have been problems with QC on some of it. Edgun stuff is outstanding and all models are good. BSA stuff was very good untill they moved production to Spain. Cometas are mostly good. Gamo and Hatsan are cheaper and an OK entry into PCP but won't be as accurate and might have reliability issues. For a decent setup expect to be paying $1500+ for the rifle, another $1000 for scope and filling gear.
    Hiawatha likes this.