Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree16Likes
  • 12 Post By Noswal
  • 1 Post By Noswal
  • 1 Post By GWH
  • 1 Post By PaulNZ
  • 1 Post By Mooseman

Thread: Voere Titan 222

Voere Titan 222

Really looking forward to getting this awesome little firearm out and about. Have picked up some factory ammo to get started but have my dies, powder etc and am almost ready to start a load development. Unfortunately I’ve had to borrow the scope from my 17hornet for the meantime.
    I’ll be shooting it as is for a while mostly on wallaby although removing the scope and going “old school” on a deer does appeal to me. Eventually I’ll re-barrel it to a suppressed 20-222
    I really need some funds for another Swaro, they’re a beautiful lightweight scope and perfect for this rifle.
    Hopefully I’ll have some footage before long with this thing tearing wallaby apart lol
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Trout, GWH, northdude and 9 others like this.

Nice, I used to have one of these in 223, the silkiest action I have ever felt. The only downside is it was a bit unreliable feeding from the two magazines it came with, probably easily fixed. Anyway kids and bills came and it had to go

Quote Originally Posted by Brakelie View Post
    Nice, I used to have one of these in 223, the silkiest action I have ever felt. The only downside is it was a bit unreliable feeding from the two magazines it came with, probably easily fixed. Anyway kids and bills came and it had to go
    Sorry you had to give it up
    The action is very good with the minimal playing I’ve done. I did feed a magazine though and was flawless but obviously a very small sample size lol. The trigger seem a touch gritty so will look into that. It breaks clean but the initial take up isn’t as smooth as say my Anschutz. Hopefully that’s a simple fix.
    Brakelie likes this.

GWH
    Thats a damn fine looking shooter Jarrod!!
    Noswal likes this.

Very nice. I've been tempted to pick one up myself but I don't really have a need for the calibre at the moment. Would make a nice counterpart for my Voere .22.

Interesting that they made their premium rimfire with front locking lugs (of a sort) and their larger centrefires with front locking lugs also, but the .222 'Titan Menor' is rear locking. You'd think if they went to that trouble for a .22 they'd carry the principle right through the range?

I'd bet on it being a tackdriver.
    Noswal likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulNZ View Post
    Very nice. I've been tempted to pick one up myself but I don't really have a need for the calibre at the moment. Would make a nice counterpart for my Voere .22.

Interesting that they made their premium rimfire with front locking lugs (of a sort) and their larger centrefires with front locking lugs also, but the .222 'Titan Menor' is rear locking. You'd think if they went to that trouble for a .22 they'd carry the principle right through the range?

I'd bet on it being a tackdriver.
    My first rifle I ever bought was a Voere 22 when I was 14
    I still have it although it doesn’t shoot as well as it used to.
    A part of the reason I purchased this one

Vey nice , deadly caliber too.
    Noswal likes this.

Unfortunately this rifle didn’t work out. Unbeknown to the seller the foresight had been broken and then repaired badly. It fell off with my second shot. The rifle has been returned and I’m now on the hunt for another 222.
    Timber and quality are the key.
    I may post a wanted add if nothing comes up.

Quote Originally Posted by Noswal View Post
    Unfortunately this rifle didn’t work out. Unbeknown to the seller the foresight had been broken and then repaired badly. It fell off with my second shot. The rifle has been returned and I’m now on the hunt for another 222.
    Timber and quality are the key.
    I may post a wanted add if nothing comes up.
    Incase you decide your after a CZ527

https://www.nzhuntingandshooting.co....n-222-a-53107/