Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Bagheera
  • 1 Post By systolic
  • 2 Post By 6x47

Thread: Winchester Powerpoint .22LR Red Box

Winchester Powerpoint .22LR Red Box

I hear that Winchester powerpoint is now in a black box almost identical to the subsonic packet:

I liked it better when it had a red box. You could easily tell which one you grab in a hurry.

Yep it's a bit of a pain! Though cci is packaging is very similar as well

I have to check very carefully when buying a brick, that I get Subsonic 42 gr max and not the other variations.

Anyways, hunting and shooting is all about good observation of fine details including grabbing the correct bolt mag and ammo!

Looking at the wincester australia web site it seems they have consolidated their branding to shades of black white and grey.

However winch au didnt seem to have anticipated that their customers might want to use more than one type of their ammunition at times. It might not be dangerous to fire a round of supersonic when you expected subsonic but it is a nuisance to miss and a big inconvenience if you find yourself at the range or your hunting area with the wrong sort in your bag.

This is easily prevented by having different coloured boxes and winchester had this solution but seems have abandoned it. Why make it harder for your customers ?
    mudgripz likes this.

Banned
    Our you could just read what is printed on the boxes rather than relying on colours.

How do you guys get on buying reloading powder? Do you just buy the black bottles, or do read the label?
    Tommy likes this.

I have saved the old red boxes so can transfer them around or put them loose into a bag so they are very different. Powders I take a bit more care and read the label

''Now'' in a black box.... They've been boxed like that for a couple years now.

The OP is probably like many of us- buys multiple bricks at a time and takes years to get through them.

I can still remember buying bricks of Power Point at $40/brick and the scary thing is it doesn't seem that long ago
    veitnamcam and dirtyhabit like this.