Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Fat ninja
  • 2 Post By Micky Duck

Thread: 223 ammo

223 ammo

I'm sure this been covered 100 times before, and I'm not after opinions when it comes to "223 shouldn't be used on deer or large game" i know what myself and my rifle is capable of, and know that shot placement is critical.....

After your thoughts on what heavier 223 pills everyone is using, and which ones to avoid, have used the Fiocci 55grn soft points without any issues, but keen to see what everyone is using. My 223 is 1-8 so shouldn't have issues stabilizing the heavier rounds

Cheers

I’ve been using the 62gr Lehigh/gorilla ammo for ammo direct it bloody good on big red deer
    Countryside likes this.

50grn ttsx ....job done...and thats in a 1:12 so SHOULD open even better in 1:8 I limit shots on big stuff to 150ish.....
    dannyb and Countryside like this.