Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree17Likes
  • 13 Post By GregD
  • 2 Post By Rich007
  • 1 Post By bully
  • 1 Post By stagstalker

Thread: 7mm Mag load data

7mm Mag load data

Hi guys,
    Just to again clear up the 7mm Mag load data I was asked for and I had a typo in my reply. As the first thread was deleted, then someone started another thread in which it was mentioned again and that one has now been closed for some reason, I've started this one to get this absolutely clear so no-one gets into trouble. The load we use in the Sako is 81.5gns of Reloder 33 behind a 180gn Berger which produces 62,000psi for 3000fps. The typo said Reloder 23, which is incorrect and would certainly be a real overload. This load is only for Tikka and Sako rifles which have very long throats. Do not use it in anything like USA factory rifles with shorter throats. And as usual work up carefully to about this 3000fps velocity out of 24.5" Sako and Tikkas, and you will be about the same 62,000psi pressure no matter the slight variability in powder batch burn rates. This is a killer long range load, and does fit in a 7mm Mag case.
    As to the original thread which was deleted, I apologise if this was against forum rules, but as had seen Red Stag Timber Hunters Club letting everyone know their show was on on here with no mention of it being against forum rules or their threads being deleted, I presumed it was ok. I won't do any more than answer questions that are asked of me in future.
    Cheers,
    Greg
    Last edited by GregD; 14-03-2019 at 07:13 PM.

Thanks Greg. Can you give me a hint whether Re33 is similar to Re25? Faster slower hotter density etc? I know zip about Re33 but familiar with IMR4350. Re22 Re25 and AR2213sc all with 160gn in my 7*61. Wondering whether Re33 is superior in any way.--cos your putting out a heavy bullet pretty quickly for a 7 mm.

Thanks Greg,
    I really enjoy both your show and the hunters club. I appreciate the reminder that the series is starting and the chance to interact with both groups. I guess people choose to draw the line in different places in terms of what constitutes advertising. I assume for the sake of fairness and consistency the hunters club's threads 'advertising' their show have also been deleted.

Admin: Is it possible for a 'normal' forum member to start a thread about the NZ Hunter Adventures and the Red Stag Timber Hunters Club so that we can chat, comment etc without it being considered to be 'advertising' and taken down?

Rich
    superdiver and SGR like this.
    If my work annoys me, I cull them

Fulla
    Quote Originally Posted by GregD View Post
    Hi guys,
    Just to again clear up the 7mm Mag load data I was asked for and I had a typo in my reply. As the first thread was deleted, then someone started another thread in which it was mentioned again and that one has now been closed for some reason, I've started this one to get this absolutely clear so no-one gets into trouble. The load we use in the Sako is 81.5gns of Reloder 33 behind a 180gn Berger which produces 62,000psi for 3000fps. The typo said Reloder 23, which is incorrect and would certainly be a real overload. This load is only for Tikka and Sako rifles which have very long throats. Do not use it in anything like USA factory rifles with shorter throats. And as usual work up carefully to about this 3000fps velocity out of 24.5" Sako and Tikkas, and you will be about the same 62,000psi pressure no matter the slight variability in powder batch burn rates. This is a killer long range load, and does fit in a 7mm Mag case.
    As to the original thread which was deleted, I apologise if this was against forum rules, but as had seen Red Stag Timber Hunters Club letting everyone know their show was on on here with no mention of it being against forum rules or their threads being deleted, I presumed it was ok. I won't do any more than answer questions that are asked of me in future.
    Cheers,
    Greg
    That's a shame about deleting the thread about your show.... You have been posting about it for how many years/seasons.... I'm sure they could post about there show too and all in the world would be right again. Seems odd.
    Rich007 likes this.

@GregD Do you know the magazine length on the magnum Sakos of the top of your head by any chance?

Quote Originally Posted by Stocky View Post
    @GregD Do you know the magazine length on the magnum Sakos of the top of your head by any chance?
    @Stocky pretty sure they mention it on the tip of the trip that discusses their Sako Carbonlight. I think it may have been the episode Fi shot her stags if I remember correctly?
    Stocky likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by stagstalker View Post
    @Stocky pretty sure they mention it on the tip of the trip that discusses their Sako Carbonlight. I think it may have been the episode Fi shot her stags if I remember correctly?
    Will look it up missed that episode.

Got it! 3.85"
    Last edited by Stocky; 14-03-2019 at 09:18 PM. Reason: added length