Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Black Watch


User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 13 of 13
Like Tree10Likes
  • 1 Post By R93
  • 2 Post By R93
  • 1 Post By R93
  • 4 Post By kiwijames
  • 1 Post By Neckshot
  • 1 Post By tui_man2

Thread: AATH - your help would be appreciated NOW!!!

  1. #1
    Applies Lead Liberally rogers.270's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Napier
    Posts
    611

    AATH - your help would be appreciated NOW!!!

    Addicted to gun powder

  2. #2
    AB Precision
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Nelson
    Posts
    2,209
    Who cares they are making a living. Hell if I had a chopper I'd be into it lol. Dave get the bird out we going shooting

    Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 2

  3. #3
    R93
    R93 is online now
    Member R93's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Westland NZ
    Posts
    14,704
    Quote Originally Posted by tui_man2 View Post
    Who cares they are making a living. Hell if I had a chopper I'd be into it lol. Dave get the bird out we going shooting

    Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 2

    I would never again do thar and cham trophy hunts Abe. Even though they pay well. I would ping a few for market though.
    But if you owned the machine and paid my wage
    tui_man2 likes this.
    Do what ya want! Ya will anyway.

  4. #4
    Applies Lead Liberally rogers.270's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Napier
    Posts
    611
    kind a like herbal high dealers aye, they are just trying to make a living............... its not illegal its a morals and ethics thing............ some people just dont get it.
    Addicted to gun powder

  5. #5
    AB Precision
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Nelson
    Posts
    2,209
    Quote Originally Posted by rogers.270 View Post
    kind a like herbal high dealers aye, they are just trying to make a living............... its not illegal its a morals and ethics thing............ some people just dont get it.
    If it was illegal why are the still doing it? Because it's not they making a living just like everyone else just recreational hunter's think they are all there's, there is more then enough for everyone.

    Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 2

  6. #6
    R93
    R93 is online now
    Member R93's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Westland NZ
    Posts
    14,704
    Having been on both sides of the fence I would suggest it the extreme antis that dont get it.
    There are fuck all ethics left in hunting that make one way right and the other wrong.
    Pig hunting with dogs and bow hunting lack severe ethics IMHO but I would never try and stop people doing what they know and love, because I think I am morally right.

    Trouble with most anti HH people is they think they are somehow ethically higher and know more than the operators. Most of them know fuck all about either but jump on a band wagon like sheep.

    The extreme antis as far as I am concerned are just a pack of miserable, selfish and ignorant sheep that should be fucking people over as politicians.
    Using or holding ethics as a reason to ban HH just proves how stupid most people are. People on the outside see a ton of hypocracy in that argument.
    Last edited by R93; 27-07-2013 at 02:49 PM.
    kiwijames and trailrunna like this.
    Do what ya want! Ya will anyway.

  7. #7
    Almost literate. veitnamcam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Nelson
    Posts
    20,023
    Quote Originally Posted by R93 View Post
    Having been on both sides of the fence I would suggest it the extreme antis that dont get it.
    There are fuck all ethics left in hunting that make one way right and the other wrong.
    Pig hunting with dogs and bow hunting lack severe ethics IMHO but I would never try and stop people doing what they know and love, because I think I am morally right.

    Trouble with most anti HH people is they think they are somehow ethically higher and know more than the operators. Most of them know fuck all about either but jump on a band wagon like sheep.

    The extreme antis as far as I am concerned are just a pack of miserable, selfish and ignorant sheep that should be fucking people over as politicians.
    Using or holding ethics as a reason to ban HH just proves how stupid most people are. People on the outside see a ton of hypocracy in that argument.
    But would you call it hunting Dave?

    Sent from my GT-S5360T using Tapatalk 2
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    BOP
    Posts
    16,705
    You could always start a season for helicopter shooting?
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

  9. #9
    R93
    R93 is online now
    Member R93's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Westland NZ
    Posts
    14,704
    Quote Originally Posted by veitnamcam View Post
    But would you call it hunting Dave?

    Sent from my GT-S5360T using Tapatalk 2

    No. But for the individuals doing it, it may be.
    Maca49 likes this.
    Do what ya want! Ya will anyway.

  10. #10
    Lovin Facebook for hunters kiwijames's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Hawkes Bay
    Posts
    6,367
    NZDA needs to ban the word ban. Makes us sound pretty fucking dumb. Ban 1080, ban helihunting, ban this, ban that. The high horse just keeps on getting taller.
    Just like Green Peace, Sea Shepherd and the rest of the twit brigade the argument relies on half truths. So many people want to put in their 10c worth without even understanding half of what goes on. Funny how the two guys who actually live in Tahr country are the ones who aren't bothered by it.
    Rather than ban, working to extend hunters opportunities is a better idea. Don't fly over active Ballot blocks, don't ban AATH on private land, charge a Trophy Fee that is competitive with the rest of the world.
    tui_man2, veitnamcam, R93 and 1 others like this.

  11. #11
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Dannevirke, southern Ruahines
    Posts
    5,072
    All arguments are valid so far but IMHO the word compromise is what needs to be used IMO,I agree with abe that they are paying bills and mortgages just like me, im a ground hunter,maybe some of us hate that they get them easier than us.And then on the other side when they are given boundries to heli hunt it really pisses people off when they abuse those boundries.What would people winge about if doc started foot culling again?? there would be more than a few anti heli hunters out there asking for that job wouldn't there! especialy if it paid well enough.Just my 2.5 cents boys im not going to argue on this as I believe there is room for all involved.
    R93 likes this.

  12. #12
    AB Precision
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Nelson
    Posts
    2,209
    They do do some foot culling I do a trip every year with a group of people here on the coast its not doc as such but they are willing to help out. It's nanny's only down to mob sizes they say. There's more then enough tahr for everyone, they are just dumb goats in harder environment to hunt, it's hardly hunting tho, walking and shooting still is enjoyable for company of hunting partners and been out and enjoying the country.

    I see both sides. Will Never be banned an numbers would get silly if they did doc would just cull more making it harder for the average foot hunter.

    Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 2
    veitnamcam likes this.

  13. #13
    Gone But Not Forgotten Toby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Wouldn't you like to know
    Posts
    11,099
    As long as they leave the big guys alone
    VIVA LA HOWA

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Dunne wins in anti- AATH case
    By scottrods in forum Off topic
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-05-2013, 09:37 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Welcome to NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums! We see you're new here, or arn't logged in. Create an account, and Login for full access including our FREE BUY and SELL section Register NOW!!