Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Black Watch Arsenal


User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 8 of 8
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ZQLewis

Thread: Access

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    CNI
    Posts
    4,057
    Summer grass
    Of stalwart warriors splendid dreams
    the aftermath.

    Matsuo Basho.

  2. #2
    Member stagstalker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    North Island, New Zealand
    Posts
    914
    Spoke with one landowner after he closed his access into the Ruahines. The crap that some people would do and what he as the landowner put up with was ridiculous. As disappointing as it is for all of us to see it closed, in this case I couldn’t blame him and would have done the same thing.

  3. #3
    Member andyanimal31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Taihape
    Posts
    2,188
    Quote Originally Posted by stagstalker View Post
    Spoke with one landowner after he closed his access into the Ruahines. The crap that some people would do and what he as the landowner put up with was ridiculous. As disappointing as it is for all of us to see it closed, in this case I couldn’t blame him and would have done the same thing.
    Was it the kawhatau area as two been closed down over the last few years?

    Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    My favorite sentences i like to hear are - I suppose so. and Send It!

  4. #4
    Resident Curmudgeon Kiwi Sapper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Wanganui without an "H".
    Posts
    2,519
    Quote Originally Posted by andyanimal31 View Post
    Was it the kawhatau area as two been closed down over the last few years?

    Three access points in the northern Ruahine Range had been closed or restricted in recent years including at Kawhatau, Mokai Patea and Purity to the north-west."
    “There was a moment's suspense while Conscience and Sheer Wickedness fought the matter out inside him, and then Conscience, which had started on the encounter without enthusiasm, being obviously flabby and out of condition, threw up the sponge.”

  5. #5
    Member andyanimal31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Taihape
    Posts
    2,188
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi Sapper View Post
    Three access points in the northern Ruahine Range had been closed or restricted in recent years including at Kawhatau, Mokai Patea and Purity to the north-west."
    I know all the owners, as usual it's the very small percentage of dickheads that ruin for the rest.
    Just one example was a group of hunters shooting farmed goats on the way in through private property.
    Yep theres a few rocket scientists out there!

    Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    My favorite sentences i like to hear are - I suppose so. and Send It!

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Location
    Rural TeAwamutu
    Posts
    962
    Quote Originally Posted by andyanimal31 View Post
    I know all the owners, as usual it's the very small percentage of dickheads that ruin for the rest.
    Just one example was a group of hunters shooting farmed goats on the way in through private property.
    Yep theres a few rocket scientists out there!

    Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    Some people have no fucking idea....


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Myanmar ex Auckland
    Posts
    31
    As long as they are restricting access to only their land I see no problem with it...

    But the last quote from DOC was worrying. Either it was poorly worded (and was referring to two separate issues, which it may have been) or it implied that there was unformed access through this farm. Inspite of this they seemed to support denying access for "safety issues"

    I would have thought it was on the farmer to keep his stock out of the public accessway, it was really about safety.

    If people stick to the legal access and not farm tracks, I don't see any reason for the farmer to try deny access... and instead I am in favour of people demanding access if there is a unformed road present.

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Whangarei
    Posts
    592
    Sorry but I doubt an unformed road absolves the farmer of risk if someone falls over and shoots themselves.
    Some of the DOC access ways I have used up this way are exclusively private farm land that DOC had negotiated public access across.
    The one in particular I had in mind has been closed in the last couple of years.
    Z
    Ryan_Songhurst likes this.

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Bog Inn Access
    By tanqueray in forum Hunting
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 18-08-2019, 11:03 AM
  2. 4wd access
    By Mohawk660 in forum Hunting
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 14-07-2017, 09:42 PM
  3. Access
    By BLR-Bushpig in forum Varminting and Small Game Hunting
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 15-01-2017, 08:14 PM
  4. Access
    By Fairgame in forum Hunting
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 23-04-2013, 11:05 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Welcome to NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums! We see you're new here, or arn't logged in. Create an account, and Login for full access including our FREE BUY and SELL section Register NOW!!