Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: Afternoon Hunt

Afternoon Hunt

Was a lazy Sunday but a beautiful day in Welly. Got a call from a mate (non hunters and never been out before) who were super keen to go for a walk.
    Thought to myself, why waste so off am on the road by 12pm..

Reached mates placed and saw that another 2 mates were coming too. Gave them some advice on boots n clothes to put on. Since they were 1st timers and we were 4 on that trip so though of taking them some where easy..

Gave @brad a ring to get access. He is a bloody nice guy guy.. not just because he gave permission.. for one another reason which am gona tell about soon..

So hit the road with all happy and excited chaps.. They are just talking goats and from their conversation I realized that they had the persuption that hunting was a easy thing. To them it was like the goats are sitting there waiting for the them. Then just walk a 100m and shoot.. skin and take the meat.. lol

Took us over a hour to reach the intended place but a whoopsie happened.. First the 4 wheel tire lock played, and second we good stuff deep into the loose sand, mud what ever it was. Couldnt do much. Couldnt see any one close by to give a pull.. So i made a kinda hasty decision.. Its just I didnt wanted to spoil this peoples planned hunt so I said.. boys dont worry lets go for the hunt and when we back than lets worry bout the trunk..

So off we went.. played a little trick with the fellas, made them go up a gut buster just to warm them up..lol..I could have gone the flat way but i didnt.. they were crazy, one of the guy was jogging up. (I play soccer with this mates and they assumed that soccer fitness was good enough for this trip) .. After the climb I kept on walking and told them to be close. The guy who had jogged up the hill was lagging about 100m behind us and sweating as if he had run for his life from a whild dog..

After few Kilometers of work there was another steep climb.. It was through an old game trail.. man it was so funny seeing this felas.. walk 10m than set down.. climbing that trail usually takes me 15mins, this time it took about an hour coz i had to keep waiting this felas to catch up..

Finally ito the clear terrace we reached.. Told them to be together and trail behind me about 10m and watch for my signal.. To drop flat instantly when I raised my hand.. Just to test they got what I told them I pretended I saw a billy.. Raised my hand and down flat is everyone.. Crack up man.. I set laghing my guts off..

After a good laugh we continued only to sight a big billy 150m from where i played the trick on them.. Hands raised and flat on the ground again.. ranged the billy.. it was at 141m.. Easy shot.. bipod extend and "kaboom".

I had not asked this buggers if they actually ever heard the boom of the gun.. Fark one of the fellas started screaming.. 1st I though it was coz we got the billy..but later found that he nearly shit his pants from that ring..

They came running and catched up. I was already near the billy now.. It was a big boy.. The guys were happy.. So happy that they wanted to carry out the billy without gutting it.. hahahahaha.. Bloody excited stupids..

I gutted it quickly and removed the head.. Next I was going to cut it in half so a piece each can be carried by 2 guys. Again they showed there stupidity.. 2 of them got hold of the front and back legs and wanted to come down the steep slope.. NOOOOOO

So yeah i did cut it in half and gave a piece each to the fellas.. came down the terrace and on the way back to the truck to get it out...

As soon as we reached the truck by grace off god, @brad came on his quad.. He was the saviour maann.. he pulled us off and we were all good.. He saved me about 5km of walk before I would find 1st help if he didnt turn up..

He took some pics of the stuck truck.. @brad please put that up here for the lads to have a laugh..

All in all, was a great day at the end ...
    Last edited by initiaz; 17-11-2014 at 10:25 AM.
    Come weekend, Come Fast...

Well done Initiaz.....and a big thumbsup for Brad.....
    initiaz and PERRISCICABA like this.
    While I might not be as good as I once was, Im as good once as I ever was!

Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt

Awesome. I like how you made your mates put in the hard yards. Did you carry the goat back along the flat?
    initiaz likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by sako75 View Post
    Awesome. I like how you made your mates put in the hard yards. Did you carry the goat back along the flat?
    Ya they carried it back the flat way.. I heard swear when they realized what I did.. hahahahha
    sako75 and veitnamcam like this.

Thanks nice story

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great story initaz
    initiaz likes this.
    "Thats not a knife, this is a knife"
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    CFD

tps://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20180505T00&p0=264&msg=Dundees+Countdo wn+to+Gamebird+Season+2018&font=cursive

Great stuff.

Sent from my GT-S5360T using Tapatalk 2
    initiaz likes this.
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

Afternoon Hunt

Well that's three guys that won't go hunting again.. hopefully they saw your humour in it!

initiaz and madmaori like this.
    She loves the free fresh wind in her hair; Life without care. She's broke but it's oke; that's why the lady is a tramp.

Quote Originally Posted by Dougie View Post
    Well that's three guys that won't go hunting again.. hopefully they saw your humour in it!

You are definitely right @Dougie

On the way back they told be its better they buy the goat meat of the butcher than go back hunting..

hahahahahaha

Quote Originally Posted by initiaz View Post
    You are definitely right @Dougie

On the way back they told be its better they buy the goat meat of the butcher than go back hunting..

hahahahahaha
    Hmm, maybe it's just me but I don't really find that funny. My aim is to encourage people into the outdoors and provide them with fun but challenging experience, not humiliate them and put them off. Sorry, but I don't share your point of view on this one mate.

She loves the free fresh wind in her hair; Life without care. She's broke but it's oke; that's why the lady is a tramp.

Great stuff @initiaz, great story and good on your mates, they may say they will go to the butcher now but they may change their minds later and realise how good is to be outdoors.
    Brads, where are the photos?
    initiaz likes this.

Maybe they thought you drove around the Waiarapa looking for ones chained on the roadside
    veitnamcam likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by sako75 View Post
    Maybe they thought you drove around the Waiarapa looking for ones chained on the roadside
    That happens too
    initiaz likes this.
    "Thats not a knife, this is a knife"
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    CFD

tps://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20180505T00&p0=264&msg=Dundees+Countdo wn+to+Gamebird+Season+2018&font=cursive

I reckon its fine dude. You weren't stupidly hard on them or anything. If they dont like that which to me sounds like hunting then they dont like hunting.
    kiwi39 likes this.

hopefully i get a chance to take you for a walk over xmas (busy work period)

Then i can make the call if you were too hard on them

Sent from my GT-S5360T using Tapatalk 2
    kiwi39 and initiaz like this.
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.